How to process
Processing deadline: Not applicable
Processing procedure and required documents:
- Application Form for Retail License/Import Registration of Meat (Mod. 002/DSA);
- A legible photocopy of the identification document of the applicant (with both sides of the identification document photocopied on the same page of an A4 sized paper);
- If the applicant is a legal person, a photocopy of valid Business Registration Certificate (companies registered at the Commerce and Movable Property Registry of Macao are exempted from submission) or a photocopy of valid Certificate of Association and Foundation issued by the Identification Services Bureau is required to be submitted. The relevant application form is required to be signed by its legal representative and submitted with a photocopy of the identification document of the signatory of the application form;
- A photocopy of M/1 Form – Business Registration Tax – Declaration of Initiation of Activities/Alterations registered in the Financial Services Bureau;
- Written report of property registration (establishments registered at the Property Registry of Macao are exempted from submission) or certificate of the usage of the establishment issued by the Land, Public Works and Transport Bureau;
- A photocopy of the location plan of the establishment in the scale of 1:1000;
- A photocopy of the original construction plan of the establishment;
- The original location plan of the facilities and equipment of the establishment in the scale of 1:100 with explanatory notes;
- A photocopy of the final construction plan approved by the Land, Public Works and Transport Bureau (DSSOPT) should be submitted. Application for intended renovation or alteration works of the establishment should be made to the DSSOPT according to its guidelines, and a photocopy of the letter with feasible plans issued by the DSSOPT should be submitted;
- If the establishment occupies a total area of over 400 square metres or its refrigeration room has a capacity of over 140 cubic metres, a photocopy of the fire service installation plan approved and a photocopy of the letter with feasible plans issued by the Fire Services Bureau should be submitted;
- The original Operation Proposal and Information Registration Form for Retail/Import Establishments (Mod. 008/DIA/DSA).
Locations for processing the procedure and office hours
- Integrated Services Centre: Avenida da Praia Grande, n.os 762-804, Edifício China Plaza, 2º andar, Macau
- Northern District Public Services Centre: Rua Nova da Areia Preta, n.º 52, Centro de Serviços da RAEM, Macau
- Northern District Public Services Centre – Toi San Station: Av. de Artur Tamagnini Barbosa, no.127, Edf. D. Julieta Nobre de Carvalho, Bl. B,R/C, Macau
- Northern District Public Services Centre – Fai Chi Kei Station: Rua Nova do Patane, Habitação Social de Fai Chi Kei, Edf. Fai Tat, Bl. II, R/C,Lojas G e H, Macau
- Central District Public Services Centre: Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, n.os 5 e 7, Complexo da Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, 3.˚ andar, Macau
- Central District Public Services Centre – S. Lourenço Station: Rua de João Lecaros, Complexo Municipal do Mercado de S. Lourenço, 4˚ andar,Macau
- Centro de Serviços da RAEM das Ilhas：Rua de Coimbra, n.º 225, 3.˚ andar, Taipa
- Islands District Public Services Centre: Rua da Ponte Negra, Bairro Social da Taipa, n.º 75K, Taipa
- Islands District Public Services Centre – Seac Pai Van Station: Avenida de Vale das Borboletas, Complexo Comunitário de Seac Pai Van, 6.˚ andar,Coloane
Office hours: Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (no lunch break, closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays)
- Document and Archive Centre: Avenida de Almeida Ribeiro, n.° 163, r/c, Macau
Office hours: Mondays to Thursdays: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.; 2:30 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.
Fridays: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.; 2:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
(Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays)
- Application fee is exempted;
- Upon approval of application, the applicant is required to pay the annual license fee of MOP1,100.00
- MOP110.00 (10% of annual license fee)
Please refer to the Fees, Charges and Prices List: http://www.iam.gov.mo/p/pricetable/list
Time required for processing
60 working days after submission of all required documents
Remarks/ points to note for application
- The original identification document must be produced.
- After submission of all required documents, the establishment shall undergo inspection conducted by the relevant unit of IAM;
- Issued retail licenses of different types are non-transferable;
- The application procedure shall only be processed upon receipt of all required documents;
- The license is valid till the end of the year in which it is issued;
- According to regulations governing the general use of properties stipulated in current “Regulations Governing the Use of Urban Properties”, the retail industry is classified as an industry engaged in commercial activities and therefore a valid and accurate certificate proving the property ownership of the establishment intended for the retail activities is required.
- The applications must meet the stipulated requirements for licensing. The applicants can refer to the website of IAM for details (http://www.iam.gov.mo/);
- According to the current stipulations in “Fees, Charges and Prices List of Civic and Municipal Affairs Bureau”, the fee payable for the annual license is calculated proportionally according to the number of full months from the month of issue to the end of the calendar year;
- Each application form is limited to application for one service item only;
- Each application item requires submission of a completed Operation Proposal and Information Registration Form for Retail/Import Establishments;
- For applicants who are non-Macao residents, pursuant to the current “Regulation on Prohibition of Illegal Employment”, personal and direct engagement of non-Macao residents in activities for personal interests is subject to prior administrative approval;
- For applications made by legal persons, if the shareholders or members of the administration and management body of a company are non-Macao residents who are responsible for the management of company and/or performing the business duties on behalf of the company, they must obtain relevant working permits;
- In case of necessity, the original copies of the supporting documents required by the administrative body should be submitted.
Relevant standards or requirements
Requirements for choosing the location: The location must meet the stipulations in Law no. 6/99/M “Regulations Governing the Use of Urban Properties”, e.g. if the location is for commercial or office uses.
Progress enquiry and obtaining result of service
Enquiry about application progress: https://account.gov.mo/pt/login/?
Method to obtain the result of service: Visit in person to obtain the result