Migration, residency

“Special Authorization to Stay” for Applicants of Residence Authorization


Service Coverage

According to Item 6, Article 8 of Law No. 4/2003, before the result of the application for Residence Authorization is out, the interested person may apply to the Immigration Department for “Special Authorization to Stay” (aka “Visa for Residence Application”). The Authorization can be extended for more than once.

Target Groups and Application Eligibility

Target Group

Persons who have applied to the Immigration Department of the Public Security Police Force or the Trade and Investment Promotion Institute (hereinafter called “IPIM”) for Residence Authorization and need to extend their limit of stay in Macao before the application result is out.

Application Eligibility

  1. Meeting the stipulations relevant to the system of entry, stay and residence authorization in Macao
    (e.g.(1) Meeting the stipulations relevant to the system of entry, stay and residence authorization in Macao; and (2) Not in a lawfully restricted status.)
  2. Limit of stay granted in the original “Authorization to Stay” not long enough for the interested person to wait till the application result is out.

Service Result

Immigration Department issues ‘Visa for Residence Application’ to the applicant

Inquiry Approach

Service Provider: Public Security Police Force – Foreigners Subdivision of the Immigration Department

Contact Address: Immigration Department Office Building, Travessa Um do Cais de Pac On, Taipa

Tel: (853) 2872 5488

Fax: (853) 8897 0300

Email: sminfo@fsm.gov.mo

Website: http://www.fsm.gov.mo/psp

Content provider: Public Security Police Force (CPSP)

Last modified: 2018-03-23 10:27

Public safety and migration Migration, residency

Is there anything wrong with this page?

Help us improve GOV.MO

* Mandatory field


All information on this site is based on the official language of the Macao Special Administrative Region. The English version is the translation from the Chinese originals and is provided for reference only. If you find that some of the contents do not have an English version, please refer to the Traditional Chinese or Portuguese versions.