Licensing procedures for qualified persons pursuing the profession of pharmacist. In accordance with article 13 of Decree-Law no. 58/90/M dated 19th September, all related parties should register with the Health Bureau in advance in order to practise the profession of pharmacist.
Service Target: Qualified persons who want to register as a pharmacist.
Pursuant to Article 5 of Decree-Law no. 58/90/M dated 19th September, anyone who fulfils all the following criteria may practise the profession of pharmacist:
- Holding a bachelor’s degree in pharmaceutics awarded by a university in Portugal, or a higher degree in pharmaceutics that is recognized by law;
- According to paragraph 1 of article 3 of Administrative Regulation no. 26/2003 dated 25th August, “The verification of academic qualifications at the primary, secondary and tertiary levels for the purpose of engaging in professional activities regulated by a public entity, falls within the competence of the concerned public entity.”
- Possessing the health, physical and mental fitness to practise the profession;
- Residing in the territory;
- Not engaging in any activity in conflict with the pharmaceutical profession;
- Not having been convicted by final judgement of a crime against public health.
Result of Application: A pharmacist licence will be issued to the individual applicants who have satisfied the statutory requirements.
Executive department and unit: Health Bureau- Pharmaceutical Affairs Department- Inspection and Licensing Division
Correspondence address: Avenida Sidónio Pais, n.º 51, Edif. “China Plaza”, 4.º andar, Macau
Telephone：(853) 8598 3522
Facsimile：(853) 2852 4016