Licensing procedures for qualified persons pursuing the profession of pharmacy technician. In accordance with article 13 of Decree-Law no. 58/90/M dated 19th September, all related parties should register with the Health Bureau in advance in order to practise the profession of pharmacy technician.
Service Target: Qualified persons who want to register as a pharmacy technician.
Pursuant to Articles 5 and 6 of Decree-Law no. 58/90/M dated 19th September, anyone who fulfils all the following requirements may practise the profession of pharmacy technician:
- Having completed the course of auxiliary diagnostic and therapeutic technology in the discipline of Pharmacy, or its equivalent, in a technical school of health;
- According to paragraph 1 of article 3 of Administrative Regulation no. 26/2003 dated 25th August, “The verification of academic qualifications at the primary, secondary and tertiary levels for the purpose of engaging in professional activities regulated by a public entity, falls within the competence of the concerned public entity.”
- Possessing the health, physical and mental fitness to practise the profession;
- Residing in the territory;
- Not engaging in any activity in conflict with the pharmaceutical profession;
- Not having been convicted by final judgement of a crime against public health.
Result of Application: A pharmacy technician licence will be issued to the individual applicants who have satisfied the statutory requirements.
Executive department and unit: Health Bureau- Pharmaceutical Affairs Department- Inspection and Licensing Division
Correspondence address: Avenida Sidónio Pais, n.º 51, Edif. “China Plaza”, 4.º andar, Macau
Telephone:(853) 8598 3522
Facsimile:(853) 2852 4016