How to Apply
Time of application: Advance application to the Health Bureau is required for the change of pharmacy technical supervisor.
Application procedures and documents required:
- Completed FA-5 Application Form for Change of ‘Pharmacy’ Technical Supervisors;
- Letter of employment from the pharmacy owner (Notes 1 and 2);
- Relevant documents of the new technical supervisor:
- Certified true copy of Macao Resident Identity Card, or present the original (for verification and certification by the Pharmaceutical Affairs Department under the Health Bureau);
- Photocopy of the licence for pharmacist registered with the Health Bureau;
- Declaration of Responsibility (1);
- Declaration of Absence of Conflict (2);
- Declaration of resignation from the pharmaceutical premise or other institution previously served, with the name of the premise or institution concerned and the date of employment termination. In the event of not having served any pharmaceutical premise or other institution, please state in the declaration (Note 3).
- Statement of the opening hours of the pharmacy and the staff technicians’ working hours (Note 4) which should at least include the following information:
- Pharmacy opening hours from Monday to Sunday including public holidays;
- Working hours of the technical supervisor(s) and the substitute in the absence of the technical supervisor(s) from Monday to Sunday including public holidays (Notes 5 and 6).
- Declaration of resignation of the former technical supervisor, indicating the date of employment termination (Note 7);
- If the new technical supervisor is appointed to be in charge of compiling and keeping records of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances, the PN-4 Application for Change of Staff Compiling and Keeping Records of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (for Pharmacies Only) should be submitted.
- The letter of employment must contain the name of the employee, the start date and employment position;
- If the owner is a legal person, the letter of employment should be signed by the executive management member legitimately representing the company;
- ‘Pharmaceutical premises’ refer to businesses that are licensed and authorised by the Health Bureau to engage in pharmaceutical activities, including pharmaceutical factories, firms for import, export and wholesale of pharmaceutical products, pharmacies and medicine stores;
- Statement of the opening hours of the pharmacy and the staff technicians’ working hours shall be jointly signed by the applicant (or an executive management member legitimately representing the applicant when the applicant is a legal person), the technical supervisor(s) and the substitute acting in their absence;
- Articles 33 and 34 of Decree-Law No. 58/90/M dated 19th September must be followed;
- Law No. 7/2008 – Labour Relations Law must be followed;
- If the former technical supervisor was appointed to be in charge of compiling and keeping records of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances, the declaration must also indicate whether the former technical supervisor is leaving the position and the date of cessation.
Location of Application and Service Hours
Location of application: Pharmaceutical Affairs Department, Health Bureau
Address:Avenida Sidónio Pais, n.º 51, Edif. “China Plaza”, 1.º andar, Macau (Receipt and Dispatch Unit)
Mondays to Thursdays: 09:00-13:00; 14:30-17:45
Fridays: 09:00-13:00; 14:30-17:30
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
Application Processing Time
The Health Bureau will finish the review and approval process within 90 days upon receipt of all the documents required.
Related Specifications or Requirements
Qualifications of Staff Technicians: The pharmacy technical supervisor must be a registered pharmacist in Macao.
Application Status Enquiry and Result Collection
Application status enquiry: Not available online
Means of result collection: In person