How to Apply
Time of application: Advance application to the Health Bureau is required for the change of technical director of Chinese medicine pharmacy.
Application procedures and documents required:
- Completed FC-5 Application Form for Change of ‘Chinese Medicine Pharmacy’ Technical Director;
- Letter of employment from the Chinese medicine pharmacy (Notes 1 and 2);
- Relevant documents of the new technical director:
- Certified true copy of Macao Resident Identity Card, or present the original (for verification and certification by the Pharmaceutical Affairs Department under the Health Bureau);
- Original of the Certificate of Criminal Record issued by the Identification Services Bureau (usage of the certificate: to be technical supervisor in a premise engaging in the preparation and sale of Chinese medicine, can be applied at the Identification Services Bureau (DSI), via self-service kiosks or the DSI website; the Certificate issued by DSI will be delivered to the Health Bureau.)
- Declaration of Responsibility (4);
- Photocopy of the licence for traditional Chinese medicine doctor or herbalist registered with the Health Bureau and the relevant proof of renewal, or proof of work experience certifying a minimum of 5-year experience in the preparation or supply of Chinese medicine (1);
- Declaration of resignation from the Chinese medicine pharmacy or other institution previously served, with the name of the pharmacy or institution concerned and the date of employment termination. In the event of not having served any Chinese medicine pharmacy or other institution, please state in the declaration.
- Statement of the opening hours of the Chinese medicine pharmacy and the technical director’s working hours (Note 5), including at least the following information:
- Opening hours from Monday to Sunday including public holidays;
- Working hours of the technical director from Monday to Sunday including public holidays (Note 6).
- Declaration of resignation of the former technical director, indicating the date of employment termination.
- The letter of employment must contain the name of the employee, the start date and employment position;
- If the owner is a legal person, the letter of employment should be signed by the executive management member legitimately representing the company;
- Statement of the opening hours of the Chinese medicine pharmacy and the technical director’s working hours must be signed jointly by the applicant (or the executive management member legitimately representing the company if the applicant is a legal person) and the technical director;
- Law No. 7/2008 – Labour Relations Law must be followed;
Location of Application and Service Hours
Location of application: Pharmaceutical Affairs Department, Health Bureau
Address: Avenida Sidónio Pais, n.º 51, Edif. “China Plaza”, 1.º andar, Macau (Receipt and Dispatch Unit)
Mondays to Thursdays: 09:00-13:00; 14:30-17:45
Fridays: 09:00-13:00; 14:30-17:30
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
Application Processing Time
The Health Bureau will finish the review and approval process within 90 days upon receipt of all the documents required.
Remarks/Notes for Application
Qualifications of technical director: The technical director of a Chinese medicine pharmacy must be a registered traditional Chinese medicine doctor/herbalist in Macao and holder of a valid TCM doctor/herbalist licence, or have at least 5 years’ experience in the preparation and supply of Chinese medicine.
Application Status Enquiry and Result Collection
Application status enquiry: Not available online
Means of result collection: In person