Scope of Service
A trademark is a sign used by manufacturers or business operators in their goods or services to distinguish them from the goods or services of others. Trademark is one of the essential components in the field of intellectual property. Registration of trademark is not compulsory in Macao SAR.
Service Target and Eligibility
- Applicant who is holding a Macao SAR Resident Identity Card.
- Applicant who is a body corporate registered in the Macao SAR and constituted according to the law of the Macao SAR.
- Other applicants must appoint one of the following entities as an agent by submitting an effective Power of Attorney:
- A lawyer registered with the Macao Lawyers Association;
- An individual holding a Macao SAR Resident Identity Card;
- A body corporate registered in the Macao SAR.
For application fulfilling the legal requirements, the trademark will be registered and registration certificate will be issued.
Executive Department and Unit: Macao Economic Bureau – Intellectual Property Department (IPD)
Address: Rua Dr. Pedro José Lobo, 1-3, 8/F, Macao
Reception Center -（853） 8597 2266 / （853）8597 2220
Enquiries on Application -（853）8597 2229
Fax no:（853）2871 5291