The SME Credit Guarantee Scheme provides each beneficiary enterprise a credit guarantee up to 70% of the amount of the bank loan it applied for with a maximum guarantee amount of MOP4,900,000.00 (four million and nine hundred thousand patacas), excluding interests and other expenses related to the repayment of loan.
The Scheme aims to assist SMEs to obtain bank financing, which cannot be used for repaying existing debts, by providing credit guarantees without particular restrictions on the form of borrowing.
The maximum repayment period of loan is 5 years, from the date on which the loan is mobilised.
Service Target and Application Eligibility
To participate in the Credit Guarantee Scheme, enterprises must meet the following requirements:
- Having been registered at the Financial Services Bureau (DSF) for tax purposes and operated in the Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) for at least 1 year;
- The individual commercial entrepreneurs (individual owners) must be Macao permanent residents; the collective person commercial entrepreneurs (corporate owners) must have over 50% of their capital contributed by residents of the Macao SAR;
- Employing no more than 100 persons in Macao (employees must be subordinate to the enterprise and carry out the job duties in Macao on a long-term basis or for a long period of time);
- Being under appropriate economic, financial or organisational status, and not a debtor of the Macao SAR.
Note: The beneficiary enterprise is required to issue a promissory note and a counter-guarantee with an amount equivalent to that of the bank loan, on which the credit guarantee is provided, to the Industrial and Commercial Development Fund (FDIC).
Assistance offered to applicant enterprises for obtaining bank financing through the provision of credit guarantee.
Executive department and unit: Macao Economic Bureau (DSE) – Industry and Commerce Support Division
Address: (1) DSE – Industry and Commerce Support Division: Rua Dr. Pedro José Lobo, n°s 1-3, Luso International Bank Building, 3/F, Macao;
(2) Macao SAR Service Centre (CSRAEM): Rua Nova da Areia Preta, n° 52, 1/F, Aera J (Economic Affairs), Macao;
(3) Islands Service Centre of Macao SAR (CSRAEM-I), Rua de Coimbra, n° 225, 3/F , Taipa;
(4) Book an appointment for consultation provided by our enterprise liaison staff at your location through the Appointment for “Services on the Doorstep” service at the DSE website.
Tel. n°: (DSE) 2888 2088 or (CSRAEM) 8296 9209/8296 9210/8296 9211
Fax n°: (DSE) 2875 5011 or (CSRAEM) 2845 3558
WhatsApp & WeChat : 6297 9762