The SME Credit Guarantee Scheme for Specific Projects provides SMEs with guarantee of up to 100% of the bank loans needed for financing specific projects, supporting them to launch specific projects on enterprise innovation and transformation, brand publication and promotion, improvement of product quality, as well as launching new business activities.
Besides, the Scheme also aims to assist SMEs directly affected by abnormal, unpredictable or force majeure events, particularly natural disasters or epidemic outbreaks, to obtain bank financing for resolving short-term liquidity difficulties, such as paying the employees’ salaries and rental of business premises.
The maximum amount of loan eligible for guarantee is MOP1,000,000.00 (one million patacas). The amount of guarantee provided does not include interests and other expenses related to the repayment of loan.
The Scheme aims to assist SMEs to obtain bank financing, which cannot be used for repaying existing debts, by providing credit guarantees without particular restrictions on the form of borrowing.
The maximum repayment period of loan is 5 years, from the date on which the loan is mobilised.
Service Target and Application Eligibility
To participate in the Credit Guarantee Scheme for Specific Projects, enterprises must meet the following requirements:
- Having been registered at the Financial Services Bureau (DSF) for tax purposes and operated in the Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) for at least 3 years;
- The individual commercial entrepreneurs (individual owners) must be residents of the Macao SAR; the collective person commercial entrepreneurs (corporate owners) must have over 50% of their capital contributed by residents of the Macao SAR;
- Employing no more than 100 persons in Macao (employees must be subordinate to the enterprise according to Law No. 2/78/M on the Regulations imposed to Professional Tax, amended by the Approval of the Chief Executive No. 267/2003);
- Being under appropriate economic, financial or organisational status, and not a debtor of the Macao SAR.
Owners or shareholders of the beneficiary enterprise are required to provide a counter-guarantee on the credit guarantee obtained.
Assistance offered to applicant enterprises for obtaining bank financing through the provision of credit guarantee.
Executive department and unit: Economic and Technological Development Bureau (DSEDT) – Industry and Commerce Support Division
Address: (1) Economic and Technological Development Bureau (DSEDT) – Industry and Commerce Support Division: Rua Dr. Pedro José Lobo, n°s 1-3, Luso International Bank Building, 3/F, Macao;
(2) Macao SAR Service Centre (CSRAEM): Rua Nova da Areia Preta, n° 52, Macao;
(3) Islands Service Centre of Macao SAR (CSRAEM-I): Rua de Coimbra, n° 225, 3/F , Taipa;
(4) Book an appointment for consultation provided by our enterprise liaison staff at your location through the Appointment for “Services on the Doorstep” service at the DSEDT website.
Tel. n°: (853) 2888 2088
Fax n°: (853) 2875 5011
WhatsApp & WeChat : 6297 9762
Content provider: Economic and Technological Development Bureau (DSEDT)
Last modified: 2022-01-20 17:18