Scope of Service
Application of invention patent from the China National intellectual Property Administration (CNIPA) can be extended to the Macao SAR, according to paragraph 2 of article 131 and article 135 of the Industrial Property Code approved by Decree-Law no. 97/99/M on the 13th of December, and article 6 of the Notice of Chief Executive no. 25/2020 on the 26th of August.
Service Target and Eligibility
- Applicant who is holding a Macao SAR Resident Identity Card.
- Applicant who is a body corporate registered in the Macao SAR and constituted according to the law of the Macao SAR.
- Other applicants must appoint one of the following entities as an agent by submitting an effective Power of Attorney:
- A lawyer registered with the Macao Lawyers Association;
- An individual holding a Macao SAR Resident Identity Card;
- A body corporate registered in the Macao SAR.
For application fulfilling the legal requirements, the extension of invention patent will be registered and registration certificate will be issued.
Executive Department and Unit: Macao Economic Bureau – Intellectual Property Department (IPD)
Address: Rua Dr. Pedro José Lobo, 1-3, 8/F, Macao
Reception Center -（853） 8597 2266 / （853）8597 2220
Enquiries on Application -（853）8597 2246 / （853）8597 2614
Fax no:（853）2871 5291