How to apply
Target Groups and Application Eligibility：
- Natural persons or incorporated bodies who have acquired definitely or temporarily an immovable property or its property rights by onerous means (on sale);
- Natural persons or incorporated bodies who have acquired an immovable property or its property rights by gratuitous means (non sale), as well as other property, rights or facts valued above MOP50,000.00 that need to be registered in accordance with the law;
- From 30/10/2012 onwards, incorporated bodies, business owners in status of natural person or non-local residents who acquire an immovable residential property or its rights by onerous or gratuitous means, are liable to pay Additional Stamp Duty.
Application should be proceeded by taxpayer in person, or by an authorized person.
Stamp Duty – Form M/1 – Declaration of Conveyance on sale/non sale of Immovable Property.
Documents must be presented：
- Original or authenticated copy of the document, instrument or act related to the conveyance;
- If the propertyregistration number of the immovable property is not indicated, the taxpayer has to present a Property Registration Certificate issued by the Real Estate Registry.
Within 30 days after the earliest document, instrument or act related to the conveyance of property or its property rights is executed.
Service location and office hours
- The “Finanças” Building － Tax Services Centre, Tax Collection Unit:
Ground floor, the “Finanças” Building, 575, 579 & 585 Avenida da Praia Grande, Macao.
- Macao Government Services Centre － Taxation, Tax Collection Unit:
52 Rua Nova da Areia Preta, Macao.
- Macao Government Services Centre in Islands － Taxation, Tax Collection Unit:
Third floor, 225 Rua de Coimbra, Taipa.
Monday to Friday: 9:00 – 18:00
Closed on weekends and public holidays
- Tax rate for conveyance on sale of property:
Taxable Amount x Progressive Tax Rate* + 5% Stamp Duty on Payment Slip
Taxable Amount Up to $2,000,000 -Tax Rate* 1%
Taxable Amount from $2,000,001 to $4,000,000 -Tax Rate* 2%
Taxable Amount above $4,000,000 -Tax Rate* 3%
- Tax rate for conveyance non sale of property:
Taxable Amount x Fixed Tax Rate 5% + 5% Stamp Duty on Payment Slip
- Tax rate for Additionl Stamp Duty:
Taxable Amount x Fixed Tax Rate 10% + 5% Stamp Duty on Payment Slip
Conveyance on sale of property or its property rights:
Time required for processing
Please refer to the Performance Pledge of the DSF.
Remark / Guidance notes
- M/2 ‘Stamp Duty – Payment Slip’ issued by the DSF;
- Stamp Duty should be paid to the Tax Collection Unit located respectively in DSF Building, Macao Government Services Centre, Macao Government Services Centre in Islands and Long Cheng Building within 30 days after the earliest document, instrument or act related to the conveyance of property or its property rights is executed.
- A penalty equals to three times of the tax amount due will be incurred if the whole or part of the Stamp Duty remains unpaid within the statutory period;
- If the tax amount payable due is paid within 30 days after the payment deadline, the penalty will be reduced to one-third;
- If the tax amount payable due is paid within the period from the day 31st to the 60th after the payment deadline, the penalty will be reduced to 50%.