To issue licences and permits to private healthcare units in accordance with the stipulation of Article 6 of Decree-Law no. 22/99/M of 31st May.
Individuals or legal persons (corporations) who intend to set up a private healthcare unit with in-patient department and post-operative recovery room.
Pursuant to Article 19 of Decree-Law no. 22/99/M of 31st May and Article 3 of the annexed “Regulations for Private Healthcare Units with In-patient Department and Post-operative Recovery Room”, the following conditions should be taken into account in issuing operation licences to private healthcare units:
- The qualification of the applicant, or the qualification of the administrators, directors or managers who in effect exercise leadership in the premise when the applicant is a legal person;
- The professional qualifications of clinical management, doctors and nurses;
- The technical quality of the care and treatment to be provided, as well as the quality of equipment;
- Proven technical and financial feasibility of the private healthcare unit;
- The completion of construction works.
Result of Application
The Health Bureau will issue a licence and a permit to the private healthcare units that have satisfied the statutory requirements.
Executive department and unit: Health Bureau – Medical Activity Licensing Unit
Correspondence address: Alameda Dr. Carlos D’ Assumpção, Nos. 335-341, Edifício Centro Hotline, 6º andar, Macau
Telephone: (853) 2871 3734 / (853) 2871 3735
Facsimile: (853) 2871 2035