How to Apply
Time of Application
Application procedures and documents required
The applicant should submit the following to the Medical Activity Licensing Unit:
- A medical advertisement application letter to the director of the Health Bureau;
- Identification information of the applicant;
- Indication of the advertising media to be used, including the way of advertising and the text and images used in transmitting the message;
- Relevant documents which prove the veracity of the advertising content.
Location of Application and Service Hours
Location of application: Medical Activity Licensing Unit, Health Bureau
Address: Alameda Dr. Carlos D’ Assumpção, Nos. 335-341, Edifício Centro Hotline, 6º andar, Macau
Mondays to Thursdays: 9:00am-1:00pm, 2:30pm-5:45pm
Fridays: 9:00am-1:00pm, 2:30pm-5:30pm
(Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays)
Application Processing Time
The vetting and approval of signs and billboards of private clinics and premises providing healthcare service will be completed within 10 working days. (not including: 1) applications where the name of the premise requires examination by the Private Medical Activity Licence Technical Committee, and 2) the time for posting or collection) (Performance Pledge)
Remarks/Notes for Application
- The approval decision will be made in a maximum period of 30 days from the receipt of application;
- In case the advertising content requires technical opinions from other professional departments, the above-mentioned period will be prolonged accordingly;
- In case the application is declined, the applicant may appeal in accordance with general provisions.
Relevant Specifications or Requirements
Links to relevant information:
- Advertising regulations for local medical professionals or entities that provide health care services in the private system of Macau
- Advertising regulations for non-local medical institutions and medical equipment
Application Status Enquiry and Result Collection
Status enquiry: Please check the application status via the “Macao Government Service” mobile application (App) or the Macao SARG Portal (The applicant has to apply for an Online Account for Public Service in advance).
Collection of application result: In person.