How to Apply
Time of application: Before applying for the prior authorisation for import/export of narcotic and psychotropic substances and their preparations listed in Tables I to IV as indicated in Decree-Law no. 34/99/M dated 19th July, the applicant must first obtain from the Health Bureau the certificate of import/export of relevant substances/preparations.
Eligibility: Firms for import, export or wholesale of pharmaceutical products holding a P/N authorisation to import, export and wholesale narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances and their preparations listed in Tables I to IV as indicated in Decree-Law no. 34/99/M dated 19th July.
Application procedures and documents required:
- A duly completed application form for certificate of import/export (in duplicate);
- Photocopy of the package insert or outer package of the product;
- In the case of export application, the import licence issued by the authorities of the country of destination should be submitted together.
Location of Application and Service Hours
Location of application: Pharmaceutical Affairs Department of the Health Bureau
Address: Avenida Sidónio Pais, n.º 51, Edif. “China Plaza”, 1.º andar, Macau (Receipt and Dispatch Unit)
Mondays to Thursdays: 09:00-13:00; 14:30-17:45
Fridays: 09:00-13:00; 14:30-17:30
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
Free of charge
Application Processing Time
The prior authorisation will be issued in 3 working days upon receipt of all required documents. (Performance Pledge)
Remarks/ Notes to Application
- The application form of import/export certificate is available at the Pharmaceutical Affairs Department of the Health Bureau.
- In the case of import application, the quantity applied should tally with the estimated annual demand of narcotic and psychotropic substances in the Macao SAR.
- In the case of export application, the quantity applied should tally with the estimated annual demand of the country of destination.
- The certificate of import/export of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances is valid for 3 months from the date of issue.
Application Status Enquiry and Result Collection
Method of result collection: In person