How to apply
Documents to submit:
Documents to produce:
- The vehicle’s registration document (livrete, in Portuguese);
- Original of the driver’s identification document;
- Inspection notification issued by the responsible authorities;
- Original of the identification document of the vehicle’s owner or his/her entrusted person;
- Document of the registered vehicle owner;
- Valid insurance document of the vehicle.
Addresses and service hours
Apply in person
- Centre for Motor Vehicle Inspection (Centro de Inspecções de Veículos Automóveis, or CIVA, in Portuguese)
Address: Next to the Centre for Driving Lessons and Exams (Centro de Aprendizagem e Exame de Condução, in Portuguese), in Cotai.
Service hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 18:00 (open during lunch hours).
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
Charges and fees
- For inspection required by the responsible authorities: Free of charge
- Application form: Free
- Stamp duty: Not required
Notes for attention
- The inspection of vehicle involved in accident will be carried out every Tuesday and Friday, from 9:45 to 11:45. But the exact inspection time will be informed by the Police.
- The application can be made by the owner or his/her entrusted person.
- To learn more about the procedures for special inspections, due to changes in the vehicle’s registration document or when required by the authorities, or when the vehicle has failed to pass the inspection, please visit the pages “Special Inspection” and “Special Inspection and Re-inspection”, under “Administrative Procedure Guideline” of the Transport Bureau’s website.
- A vehicle which, during the inspection, is found to have 8 defects of type 1, or is found to have 1 defect of type 2 (that is, defect that should be eliminated immediately because it is actively or passively harmful to the vehicle’s safety), will be required to undergo a second inspection (free of charge) within a stated period of time. If defect or irregularity is detected during this second inspection, the vehicle will be required to undergo, within 60 days, a special inspection (subject to charges).
- An extra fee will be applied to special inspection application made later than the indicated period. If a vehicle has been absent from its inspection for more than 6 months, its registration will be cancelled. For details, please visit the pages “Special Inspection” and “Special Inspection and Re-inspection”, under “Administrative Procedure Guideline” of the Transport Bureau’s website.
- Owners who need to change the inspection booked should do so before the scheduled appointment day.
- For advancement or deferral of inspection, an extra fee of MOP$400 per motor vehicle applies.
Related regulation or requirements
Enquiry about application status