The “Performance to Celebrate the 74th Anniversary of the National Day of the People's Republic of China” – Large-scale original acrobatic drama “The Bridge”, jointly organised by the Cultural Affairs Bureau of the Macao SAR Government and the Department of Publicity and Culture of the Liaison Office of the Central People’s Government in the Macao SAR, and presented by China Nanjing Acrobatic Troupe Co., Ltd, will be held on 30 September and 1 October, at 8pm, at the Venetian Theatre, allowing the public to enjoy a magnificent acrobatic show while celebrating the National Day.
The large-scale original acrobatic theme drama “The Bridge” narrates the story of tens of thousands of builders in the 1950s who converged at the deserted grasslands along the Yangtze River from across the country to build the Nanjing Yangtze River Bridge, praising the independence, determination and relentless entrepreneurship of people in that era who accomplished the magnificent feat of building the bridge. Adopting the form of an acrobatic drama, the China Nanjing Acrobatic Troupe Co., Ltd fully represents important scenes during the construction of the Nanjing Yangtze River Bridge, interprets the conflicts among the characters, and highlights the collective images of heroes and patriotism manifested during the construction process. The meticulous design not only broadens the approach to produce acrobatic dramas but also extends the artistic influence of this type of drama.
Date: 30/9 and 1/10/2023
Time: 8pm to 9:40pm (with intermission)
Venue: The Venetian Theatre
Cultural Affairs Bureau
Department of Publicity and Culture of the Liaison Office of the Central People’s Government in the Macao SAR
Supported by: The Venetian Macao
Guest Artistic Group: China Nanjing Acrobatic Troupe Co., Ltd
Tickets: MO200 / 100
Holders of Macao Resident Identity Card, Macao Teacher Card, full-time Student Card, Senior Citizen Card and Disability Assessment Registration Card can enjoy a 50% discount on ticket purchases. Each cardholder can only use one discounted ticket per performance and will be required to present the relevant documents for admission, otherwise the full ticket fare will be charged.
- Audience members are advised to arrive at the venue 10 minutes prior to the performance. To avoid interrupting the performance, the organiser reserves the right to determine at what time and in what manner latecomers are admitted, and to reject the admission of latecomers or those who leave in midway;
- During the performance, there will be no intermission;
- Children under the age of 6 will not be admitted. The organiser reserves the right to check the relevant identification document and to deny admission to any child under the age of 6;
- All mobile phones, beeping and lighting devices should be switched off throughout the performances;
- To avoid undue disturbance to the performers and audience members, cameras and recording devices are prohibited unless authorised by the organiser;
- Smoking, eating, drinking or the possession of plastic bags and/or objects considered dangerous are prohibited in the performance venues;
- The organiser reserves the right to change the programme and/or the cast at any time;
- In case of severe weather conditions, please visit the Cultural Affairs Bureau’s website and Facebook page for latest updates;
- The Cultural Affairs Bureau of the Macao SAR Government reserves the right of interpretation and final decision of any disputes on these terms.
- Macau Ticketing Network:
- Hotline: (853) 2855 5555
- Website: www.macauticket.com
- Cotai Ticketing:
Macao: (853) 2882 8818
Hong Kong: (852) 3065 9899
Mainland China: (86) 4008 429 018
- Website: www.cotaiticketing.com
Telephone: (853) 8399 6818 (during office hours)