The Health Bureau announces that, with a view to ensuring public safety and reducing the flow of people, the arrangements for public health services from 17th February (Monday), when operation resumes, are as follows:
Specialist medical services
1. Conde de S. Januario General Hospital’s emergency services (including Islands Emergency Station), inpatient services, chemotherapy of oncology day hospital, haemodialysis, obstetric outpatient services, pre-natal ultrasound, child assessment and rehabilitation will be maintained as usual;
2. For the time being, specialist outpatient services will conduct follow-up consultations by telephone or video call. Prescriptions will be sent via SMS in 2-3 working days after consultation, service users may collect their medicines at the specialist outpatient pharmacy, designated health centres or one of the contracted pharmacies according to the SMS instructions; dispensing services of the specialist outpatient pharmacy are available from 09:00 to 18:00;
3. Psychiatric patients who require regular injection or have special conditions may visit the Psychiatry Outpatient Department of Conde de S. Januario General Hospital during 09:00-17:00 for the required services;
4. Tuberculosis Prevention and Treatment Centre opens from 08:30 to 13:00, and from 14:30 to 18:00, providing urgent consultation, scheduled outpatient and dispensary services;
5. Some of the semi-urgent elective surgeries will be resumed in the order of priorities, affected patients will be contacted by the surgical departments for related arrangements;
6. Anatomic Pathology, Forensic Medicine, Imagiology and Clinical Pathology will resume normal services;
7. Blood specimen collection service will resume normal operation. In addition to maintaining the regular services during weekdays, it will also open on 22nd and 23rd February (Saturday and Sunday) from 08:00 to 12:00 and from 14:00 to 16:00;
8. Aquatic physical therapy, echocardiogram, cardiac stress test, 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring and 24-hour Holter monitoring ECG will be suspended;
9. Health education talks, health management courses, various activities of the Patient Resource Centre and the Organ Donation Promotion Team will continue to be suspended.
1. All Health Centres and Health Stations open from 08:00 to 18:00, providing adult healthcare, child healthcare, prenatal healthcare, obstetric ultrasound, first outpatient visit for pregnant women, blood specimen collection, general healthcare services and non-scheduled outpatient services;
2. Adult healthcare and child healthcare services have been suspended from 30th January to 14th February. Related appointments will be rescheduled, and service users will be contacted individually by the Health Centres;
3. All types of health education talks and health management courses are suspended.
Pharmaceutical Affairs Department:
Providing basic and essential services, including issuance of permit for import of drugs and relevant products, drug registration, issuance of Certificate of Sale of Locally Manufactured Chinese Proprietary Medicines, issuance of Certificate of Import/Export of Narcotic and Psychotropic Substances, and issues relating to permit of pharmaceutical professionals and businesses.
Centre for Disease Prevention and Control:
Applications for Certificate of Medical Sanitation for Human Body Transportation, Import Permit for Radioactive Substances and Irradiating Equipment, publicity materials and services by the Special Prevention Services Team can be booked in advance.
Blood Transfusion Centre:
Providing blood transfusion service as usual.
In addition, all health settings subordinated to the Health Bureau, including Conde de S. Januario General Hospital and all Health Centres continue to maintain the current alert level. All individuals (including service users and workers) entering the health settings are required to put on a mask, take body temperature and submit personal health declaration. All visiting hours in Conde de S. Januario General Hospital have been cancelled until further notice, and the Hospital will arrange video visit to individuals in need. Under specific circumstances, the Hospital will manage according to practical needs.
For enquiries, please call the Conde de S. Januario General Hospital hotlines at 8390 6000 or 8390 3600; contact phone numbers of Health Centres as follows: Fai Chi Kei Health Centre 2856 2922, Hac Sa Wan Health Centre 2841 3178, Ilha Verde Health Centre 2831 0033, ，Tap Seac Health Centre 2852 2232, Fong Son Tong Health Centre 283 13418, Hoi Pong Health Centre 2892 0024, Nossa Senhora do Carmo - Lago Health Centre 2850 0400, Ocean Gardens Health Centre 2881 3089, Seac Pai Van (Coloane) Temporary Health Station 2850 2001, Coloane Health Station 2888 2030.View gallery