July is a contribution month of the Social Security Fund. In this month, employers are required to pay obligatory system contributions for their local long-term employees for the second quarter of 2020. If a non-resident worker is hired, the employer is required to pay the employment fee as well. In addition, arbitrary system beneficiaries are also required to pay contributions in July. To reduce queuing time, the FSS advises employers to make their payments as early as possible and use the appointment service. Employers and arbitrary system beneficiaries already applied for the use of electronic filing service should try to make their payments by electronic means.
Employers and arbitrary system beneficiaries using the electronic filing service are advised to use the Autopay of nine designated banks (including Bank of China Macau Branch, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Macau) Ltd., Banco Comercial de Macau, Tai Fung Bank, Banco Nacional Ultramarino, OCBC Wing Hang Bank, Macau Chinese Bank, Luso International Banking Limited and Delta Asia Bank), or the following payment options for making their payments:
- ATMs with JETCO logo, or online banking (including Bank of China Macau Branch, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Macau) Ltd., Banco Comercial de Macau, Tai Fung Bank, Banco Nacional Ultramarino and OCBC Wing Hang Bank);
- Self-service machines of BOC EXPRESS;
- Service points of the FSS (including FSS temporary office at Tap Seac, FSS office at NAPE located on the 13th floor of the China Civil Plaza Building, Macao Government Services Centre (Area of Social Security Affairs) and Macao Government Services Centre in Islands (Area of Social Security Affairs));
- Municipal Affairs Bureau's Public Services Centres and sub-stations;
- The payment counters of the nine designated banks above.
Starting this month, using the Macao SAR Resident ID Card number, arbitrary system beneficiaries can pay contributions at a self-service machine with FSS’s logo, or designated banks’ payment counter, Autopay or online banking, the BOC EXPRESS, Municipal Affairs Bureau’s Public Services Centres and sub-stations, or at a service point of the FSS. In addition, beneficiaries can also view the Electronic Payment Advice for Arbitrary System Contributions from the FSS’s website (www.fss.gov.mo) to obtain the beneficiary number and electronic payment advice number, and pay contributions through a JETCO Network ATM.
Employers who have not yet applied for the use of electronic filing service can pay contributions and the employment fee at a service point of the FSS, and if there is no staff change of local long-term employees during the quarter, the payment can also be made at Municipal Affairs Bureau's Public Services Centres and sub-stations, or at the nine designated banks.
In addition, if a beneficiary or an employer chooses to make the payment by Autopay, the relevant bank will deduct the amount on the last working day of the contribution month, and they are therefore advised to prepare sufficient funds in their accounts in due course to make sure that the money can be deducted on time.
For more information, please visit the FSS’s website at www.fss.gov.mo, or call 2853 2850 during office hours for enquiries.View gallery