The Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Centre (hereinafter referred to as “the Centre”) stated that Macao has recorded the 74th COVID-19 case today (4 October). In order to strengthen prevention, new Red and Yellow Code Zones have been set up under the zone-specific, multi-level targeted approach to epidemic prevention and control.
The coverage of the new Red Code Zone is the residence of the patient: Bairro das Missões 25-D at Rua de S. Francisco Xavier de Coloane. This area is subject to such control measures as on-the-spot nucleic acid testing and subsequent nucleic acid testing on a daily basis. Entry into the said area is permitted, but nobody except staff members is allowed to leave there. Individuals in this area should keep their activities to a minimum and collect supplies at the designated spot only. With comprehensive restriction and close-off management being in place, affected individuals may be quarantined for medical observation on site or be transferred to a suitable location for centralized management with medical observation according to the actual circumstances.
The coverage of the new Yellow Code Zone isBairro das Missões at Rua de S. Francisco Xavier de Coloane. Individuals in this area will see their Health Code turn yellow and be subject to immediate nucleic acid testing on the scene. The first NAT test will be completed within 24 hours, before which people are prohibited from leaving. Other restrictive measures include border exit restriction, as well as daily testing, close health monitoring and self-health management for at least 14 days.
According to the Centre, under the zone-specific, multi-level targeted approach to epidemic prevention and control, the daily living needs of people in the lock-down areas will be followed up by the Subsistence Team, while food and daily consumables will be provided to them by the designated authorities. Senior citizens living alone, persons with difficulties or those in need of psychological or mental assistance may call the Social Welfare Bureau hotline 28261126 for assistance.
On 4th October, the following new Red Code Zones have been created in Macao:
- Edifício Kam Do Lei Fa Yun at Rua de Pedro Coutinho 44-44A;
- Grand Emperor Hotel at Avenida Comercial de Macau 251-291;
- The Victoria Hotel at Estrada do Arco., Rua Dois do Bairro Iao Hon 50;
- Edifício Son Lei at Rua Três do Bairro Iao Hon 1, and;
- Bairro das Missões 25-D at Rua de S. Francisco Xavier de Coloane.
Besides, new Yellow Code Zones created in Macao are as follows:
- Edifício Hang Lei at Rua de Pedro Coutinho 40-40A;
- Edifício Man Chuem at Rua de Pedro Coutinho 42-42A and Rua de Pedro Coutinho 46;
- Edifício Kai Keng at Avenida de Horta e Costa 13, Rua de Pedro Coutinho 19-19A;
- Edifício Kou Wang at Avenida de Horta e Costa 11-11E;
- Edifício Lei Kuan at Avenida de Horta e Costa 15-15C;
- Edifício San Hou at Avenida de Horta e Costa 21-21A;
- Rua Dois do Bairro Iao Hon 52;
- Rua Três do Bairro Iao Hon 2, 3 & 4;
- Edifício Son Lei at Avenida da Longevidade 49 & 51;
- Hawker stalls at Rua Dois do Bairro Iao Hon, and;
- Bairro das Missões da Rua de S. Francisco Xavier de Coloane.