The Social Security Fund (abbreviated to FSS in Macao)announced today (June 12) the name list of the special allocation of funds from budget surplus 2017 for the provident fund individual accounts. This year, a total of 361,974 people are included on the list and 133,207 people are not. Members of the public can visit the website of the FSS at www.fss.gov.mo, call our 24-hour interactive voice response hotline 2823 0230, use self-service machines or visit all service points of the FSS for making enquiries.
To be included on the name list of the special allocation of funds from budget surplus2017, the person must simultaneously fulfil all the three requirements below:
- He/she is a permanent resident of the Macao SAR, who has reached 22 years of age on or before 31 December 2016;
- He/she was still alive on 1 January 2017;
- He/she stayed in the Macao SAR for at least 183 days in 2016.
No formalities are required for the individual accounts of those who are already on the list to be allocated 7,000 patacas. For individuals who are entitled to the allocation of funds for the first time, they will also be allocated theincentive basic fund of 10,000 patacas. For individuals who are not included on the list, they will receive a notice if they reach 65 years of age or if they are not included on the list for the first time.
Individuals who are not included on the list can file an objection statement if they belong to the following situtations:
- He/she attended higher level courses recognized by the local competent authority;
- He/she was hospitalized;
- He/she who reached 65 years of age and habitually resided in mainland China;
- He/she under 65 years of age but habitually resided in mainland China for health reason, particularly for the need for non-hospital nursing, palliative therapy, rehabilitative services or family care;
- He/she worked outside the Macao SAR for the employer registered with the FSS;
- He/she worked outside the Macao SAR in order to bear the main living expenses of his/her spouse, any degree of lineal consanguinity or affinity who resided in the Macao SAR;
- He/she performed official duties, performed duties for the Macao SAR or discharged other official duties;
- He/she who had humanitarian or other duly substantiated reasons (subject to the approval of the Chief Executive).
The prescription of claiming the right to the funds of 2017is three years, i.e., the right will expire on 31 December 2020. Late filing of the objection statement will result in the invalidity of the right. For the purpose of a more effective diversion of the work of objection statements and applications for withdrawal, the FSS calls on the people concerned to cooperate and submit the properly completed objection statement forms, along with all relevant supporting documentation, to the following locations, as early as possible, before the end of July this year:
- St. Lazarus Parish Field Office of the FSS;
- Areia Preta Service Centre of the Macao SAR;
- Islands District and Central District Public Service Centres under the Civic and Municipal Affairs Bureau;
- All Social Service Centres under the Social Welfare Bureau (abbreviated to SWB in Macao).
It should be noted that the renovation works of the FSS St. Lazarus Parish Field Office is expected to start in August this year, during which the officewill be temporarily relocated to the Exhibition Hall of Tap Seac Multisport Pavilion. The exact date and location will be subject to the latest announcement on the website of the FSS.
In addition, there are nearly 60,000seniors qualified to apply for withdrawal this year. Like last year, the FSS will accept the applications for withdrawal in batches. Seniors aged 75 or older, beneficiaries who have been receiving disability pension from the FSS for more than one year and beneficiaries who are currently receiving special disability subsidy from the SWB will be given priority to submit their applications in August, and seniors aged between 65 and 74 can submit their applications in September.
For more information, please visit the website of the FSS at www.fss.gov.moor call 2853 2850 during office hours for enquiries.