The Social Security Fund (abbreviated to FSS in Macao) announced today (June 12) the name list of special allocation from budget surplus 2018 for the non-mandatory central provident fund system. This year, a total of 363,382 people are included on the list and 149,924 people are not. Members of the public can visit the website of the FSS atwww.fss.gov.mo, call our 24-hour interactive voice response hotline at 2823 0230, use self-service machines or visit all service points of the FSS for making enquiries.
To be included on the name list of special allocation from budget surplus 2018, a person must simultaneously fulfil all the three requirements below:
(1) He or she is a permanent resident of the Macao SAR, who attained 22 years of age on or before 31 December 2017;
(2) He or she was still alive on 1 January 2018;
(3) He or she stayed in the Macao SAR for at least 183 days in 2017.
No formalities are required for those who are already on the list to be allocated 7,000 patacas. For individuals who are entitled to the allocation of funds for the first time, they will also be allocated the incentive basic fund of 10,000 patacas. For individuals who are not included on the list, they will receive a notice if they are aged 65 or older, or if they are not included on the list for the first time.
Individuals who are not included on the list can file an objection statement if they belong to the following situations:
(1) He or she attended higher education courses recognized by the local competent authorities;
(2) He or she was hospitalized;
(3) He or she who attained 65 years of age and habitually resided in mainland China;
(4) He or she under 65 years of age and habitually resided in mainland China due to health reason, in particular because of the need for non-hospital nursing, palliative therapy, rehabilitative services or family care;
(5) He or she provided work outside the Macao SAR for an employer registered with the FSS;
(6) He or she worked outside the Macao SAR in order to bear the main living expenses of his or her spouse, any degree of lineal consanguinity or affinity who resided in the Macao SAR;
(7) He or she performed official duties, performed duties for the Macao SAR or discharged other official duties;
(8) He or she who had humanitarian or other properly explained reasons (subject to approval of the Chief Executive).
The prescription of claiming the right to the funds of 2018 is three years, i.e., the right will expire on 31 December 2021. Late filing of the objection statement will result in the invalidity of the right. For the purpose of a more effective diversion of the work of objection statements and applications for withdrawal, the FSS calls on the individuals concerned to cooperate and submit the properly completed objection statement forms, along with all relevant supporting documentation, to the following locations, as early as possible, before the end of July this year:
(1) Temporary office of the FSS at Tap Seac;
(2) Service Centre of the Macao SAR;
(3) Public Service Centres under the Civic and Municipal Affairs Bureau:
- Central District Public Services Centre;
- Islands District Public Services Centre;
- Islands District Public Services Centre - Seac Pai Van Station (will formally open on June 15)
(4) All Social Service Centres under the Social Welfare Bureau (abbreviated to SWB in Macao)
(5) Former Southern District (Praia do Manduco) Social Service Centre.
In addition, there are nearly 61,000 seniors qualified to apply for withdrawal this year. Like last year, the FSS will accept the applications for withdrawal in batches. Seniors aged 75 or older, beneficiaries who have been receiving disability pension from the FSS for more than one year and beneficiaries who are currently receiving special disability subsidy from the SWB will be given priority to submit their applications in August, and seniors aged between 65 and 74 can submit their applications in September.
For more information, please visit the website of the FSS atwww.fss.gov.moor call 2853 2850 during office hours for enquiries.