How to process
1. Original and legible photocopy of import license.
2. Original and legible photocopy of import declaration.
3. Original copy of valid sanitary certificate(s) issued by competent authorities of the exporting country/region.
Documents to be presented:
Produce the Import Registration of the establishment issued by IAM.
Locations for processing the procedure and office hours
1. Integrated Service Centre: Avenida da Praia Grande, no. 762-804, China Plaza Building, 2/F, Macau.
2. Northern District Public Services Centre: Rua Nova da Areia Preta, no. 52, Service Centre of Macao SAR, Macau.
3. Centro de Serviços da RAEM das Ilhas: Rua de Coimbra, n.º 225, 3.˚ andar, Taipa.
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (no lunch break)
1. Exemption of application fee.
2. In case of sanitary inspection, the applicants are required to pay for the inspection fee.
3. The inspection fee is determined in accordance to prices list of Municipal Affairs Bureau in force.
Application Form for Import License: Mop 4.00
Import Declaration Form: Mop 3.00
Note: Different forms are available for different types of imports.
Stamp Duty: Not Applicable
Deposit: Not Applicable
Fees, Charges and Prices List: www.iam.gov.mo/p/pricetable/list
Time required for processing
Processing time: 1 working day
Remarks/ points to note for application
1. Fill in Column (1) of the Declaration Form with the Registration Number for Controlled Foreign Trade Operations issued by the Economic and Technological Development Bureau.
2. Upon advance booking for sanitary inspection of imported food products, the applicants have to confirm the date, time and location of entry of the imports.
3. When the products arrived in Macao and undergo sanitary inspection, the applicant is required to produce their valid and original sanitary certificate(s).
4. In case the products do not satisfy the sanitary requirements and are not permitted to enter Macao, the importer is required to pay for the respective charges.
5. The submission of additional required documents should be made before/at the time when the products arrive in Macao. The respective procedures shall be processed upon submission of all required documents.
6. For importers who intend to import new products, they are advised to make advance inquiries to the competent authorities for sanitary inspection about the stipulated requirements for the import of these products.
7. For imports of goods which are not for wholesale purpose, the applicants are required to submit relevant document(s) and make a declaration on the purpose of the imported goods.
8. The applicants can process the import clearance at the Customs upon producing the respective import license stamped by IAM or a photocopy of the import declaration. The applicants are required to present the same document(s) at the inspection location at the scheduled time and wait for their turn.
9. The applicants are required to go to the IAM to process the respective procedures one working day prior the actual date of the arrival of the imported products.
10. In accordance to Law No. 7/2003 (partially amended by Law No. 3/2016) and Chief Executive Order No.487/2016, application forms for import license and import declaration of different goods are available for purchase at the Printing Bureau.
11. When the products arrived in Macao, the applicant is required to submit their valid sanitary certificate(s).
Relevant standards or requirements
Progress enquiry and obtaining result of service