How to process
1. Supporting document(s) to prove the relationship between the applicant and the deceased;
2. Application form for joint burial in tomb, bone box and ash box (010/DHA/DHAL) ;
3. A clear photocopy of the identification document of the applicant.
Documents for optional submission (Mandatory, if applicable):
1. Certificate of right of use of tomb or relevant supporting document(s);
2. If the burial service is provided by a funeral company and the license for works is to be applied for, the Declaration of works in cemetery(012/DHA/DHAL) is required to be submitted, stating the burial date and commencement and completion dates of works. A clear photocopy of the identification document of the person in charge of the funeral company is required to be submitted;
3. If the bone remains or ashes are from a public cemetery, the supporting document concerned is required to be submitted;
4. If the bone remains or ashes are not from a public cemetery, a clear photocopy of the identification document of the deceased and the supporting document that proves the source are required to be submitted, and the license for moving the remains to the cemetery is required to be applied for;
5. If the holder of the permanent tomb passes away or his/her identity cannot be confirmed, the person concerned (except the holder of tomb for joint burial) is required to publish a “notice on application for joint burial in permanent tomb” with content and format set by IAM in two newspapers (one Chinese and one Portuguese) which are more widely read in Macao, and submit the original of the newspaper page on which the notice is printed. The name of the newspaper and the publication date are required to be shown on the page;
6. For an application for joint burial of corpses, the application is required to be made by the holder of tomb and a brief report of death issued by Conservatoria do Registo Civil (Civil Registry Office) is required to be submitted. If the deceased passes away outside the Macao Special Administrative Region and the interval between the time of death and the time of entry is less than 60 hours, the applicant is required to submit the written record of the relocation of the remains issued by Public Security Police Force (CPSP) (Departamento de Informações / Comissariado de Assuntos Gerais / Secção de Fiscalização e Registo). If the interval between the time of death and the time of entry is more than 60 hours, the applicant is required to submit the Livre-trânsito mortuário (Mortal remains transit certificate) of CPSP (Departamento de Informações / Comissariado de Assuntos Gerais / Secção de Fiscalização e Registo).
Documents to be presented: The original of the identification document of the applicant is to be produced.
Locations for processing the procedure and office hours
Integrated Services Centre：Avenida da Praia Grande, n.os 762-804, Edifício China Plaza, 2.º andar, Macau
Northern District Public Services Centre：Rua Nova da Areia Preta, n.º 52, Centro de Serviços da RAEM, Macau
Northern District Public Services Centre – Toi San Station：Avenida de Artur Tamagnini Barbosa, n.º 127, Edifício D.ª Julieta Nobre de Carvalho, Bloco B, R/C, Macau
Northern District Public Services Centre – Fai Chi Kei Station：Rua Nova do Patane, Habitação Social de Fai Chi Kei, Edifício Fai Tat,Bloco II, R/C, Lojas G e H, Macau
Central District Public Services Centre：Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, n.os 5 e 7, Complexo da Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, 3.˚ andar, Macau
Central District Public Services Centre – S. Lourenço Station：Rua de João Lecaros, Complexo Municipal do Mercado de S. Lourenço,4˚ andar, Macau
Islands District Public Services Centre：Rua de Coimbra, n.º 225, 3.˚ andar, Centro de Serviços da RAEM das Ilhas, Taipa
Islands District Public Services Centre – Seac Pai Van Station：Avenida de Vale das Borboletas, Complexo Comunitário de Seac Pai Van,6.˚ andar, Coloane
Service Office in Our Lady Mercy Cemetery：Our Lady Mercy Cemetery, Avenida Coronel Mesquita, Macau
Integrated Services Centre and Public Services Centres
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (no lunch break, closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays)
Service Office in Our Lady Mercy Cemetery
Mondays to Thursdays 9:00 am – 1:00 pm 2:30 pm – 5:45 pm
Fridays 9:00 am – 1:00 pm 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm
(Closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays)
1. Burial license: Mop 100.00
2. Joint burial of remains, bone remains or ashes in tombs traditionally known as “permanent tombs” (each case): Mop 500.00
3. For remains, bone remains or ashes not from public cemeteries – License for moving remains, bone remains or ashes to a cemetery: MOP 100.00
Form fee: Not Applicable
Stamp Duty: The burial service does not incur any stamp duty. The rest of the provided services incurs a charge equivalent to 10% of the application fee
Deposit: Not Applicable
Fees, Charges and Prices List: https://www.iam.gov.mo/c/pricetable/list
Time required for processing
Processing time: 5 working days
Remarks/ points to note for application
- If the holder of a permanent tomb passes away or his/her identity cannot be confirmed, applications for joint burial of the bone remains or ashes of the following persons in the tomb concerned can be made:
- The holder of tomb;
- The spouse of the first person buried in the tomb or the person in a de facto marriage with the first person buried in the tomb;
- A blood relative up to the fifth degree of kinship of the first person buried in the tomb;
- The spouse of the blood relative or person in a de facto marriage with such blood relatives mentioned in the previous item;
- The spouse of the deceased who was buried in the tomb concerned before 1 August 2019 or the person in a de facto marriage with the deceased.
- For applications for joint burial mentioned in the previous clause, the person concerned, except the holder of tomb for joint burial, is required to publish a notice in one Chinese newspaper and one Portuguese newspaper which are more widely read in Macao with the content and format set by IAM. If IAM has not received any written dissent from the persons mentioned in clause 1 within 30 days of the publication date, the relevant application is eligible for approval.
- Only one body can be buried in a “permanent tomb” at the same period.
Relevant standards or requirements
If the holder of the permanent tomb passes away or his/her identity cannot be confirmed, only applications for joint burial of bone remains or ashes can be made.
Progress enquiry and obtaining result of service