How to process
- Declaration – Relationship with the deceased (011/DHA/DHAL);
- Supporting document(s) of the burial;
- A clear photocopy of the identification document of the applicant.
Optional documents for submission (required to submit if applicable):
- Supporting document(s) to prove the relationship between the applicant and the deceased person;
- If the exhumation service is provided by a funeral company, the Declaration of works in cemetery (012/DHA/DHAL) is required to be completed and a clear photocopy of the identification document of the person in charge of the funeral company is required to be submitted.
Documents to be presented:
The original of the identification document of the applicant is to be produced.
Locations for processing the procedure and office hours
Integrated Services Centre: Avenida da Praia Grande, n.os 762-804, Edifício China Plaza, 2.º andar, Macau
Northern District Public Services Centre: Rua Nova da Areia Preta, n.º 52, Centro de Serviços da RAEM, Macau
Northern District Public Services Centre – Toi San Station: Avenida de Artur Tamagnini Barbosa, n.º 127, Edifício D.ª Julieta Nobre de Carvalho, Bloco B, R/C, Macau
Northern District Public Services Centre – Fai Chi Kei Station: Rua Nova do Patane, Habitação Social de Fai Chi Kei, Edifício Fai Tat,Bloco II, R/C, Lojas G e H, Macau
Central District Public Services Centre: Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, n.os 5 e 7, Complexo da Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, 3.˚ andar, Macau
Central District Public Services Centre – S. Lourenço Station: Rua de João Lecaros, Complexo Municipal do Mercado de S. Lourenço, 4.˚ andar, Macau
Islands District Public Services Centre: Rua de Coimbra, n.º 225, 3.˚ andar, Centro de Serviços da RAEM das Ilhas, Taipa
Islands District Public Services Centre – Seac Pai Van Station: Avenida de Vale das Borboletas, Complexo Comunitário de Seac Pai Van, 6.˚ andar, Coloane
Service Office in Our Lady Mercy Cemetery: Our Lady Mercy Cemetery, Avenida Coronel Mesquita, Macau
Integrated Services Centre, Macao Government Services Centre in Islands and Public Services Centres
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
(No lunch break, closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays)
Service Office in Our Lady Mercy Cemetery
Monday to Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.; 2:30 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.; 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
(Closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays)
1.Exhumation license (burial of remains in public cemeteries planned): MOP 50.00
Or exhumation and immediate removal of remains from cemeteries (removal of remains from public cemeteries planned): MOP 100.00
2.Exhumation service provided by the Municipal Affairs Bureau (IAM) (optional): MOP 2,500.00
Form fee: Not applicable
Stamp duty: Except the provision of exhumation service which is exempted from stamp duty, the stamp duty is 10% of all other application fees
Security deposit: Not applicable
Fees, Charges and Prices List: https://www.iam.gov.mo/c/pricetable/list
Time required for processing
Processing time: 3 working days
Remarks/ points to note for application
- The applicant must file the relevant application 6 days before the expected exhumation day and fix a specific time with the person in charge of the public cemetery. Remains can only be exhumed after burial for 7 years;
- IAM may exempt the mentioned fees if the person concerned files an application and it is proved that he/she cannot afford to pay the fees;
- If the exhumation is unsuccessful, the exhumation of the tomb will be postponed for 1 year. After the period, the applicant is required to process the exhumation procedure and pay the fees concerned again.
- If the exhumation service is provided by IAM and the exhumation is unsuccessful, the paid fees will not be returned.
Relevant standards or requirements
Progress enquiry and obtaining result of service