The implementation of the Enterprise Financing Loan Interest Subsidy scheme aims to support enterprises investing in Macao to scale up needed investments within their scope of business by means of subsidising interests on loans, so as to achieve facilitation of diversity in local economic activities, enhance environmental protection, and assist in technological innovation and transformation of enterprises to enhance their competitiveness and modernise their business activities. Beneficiary enterprises are entitled to interest subsidy of 4% per year for a period of up to 4 years from the start date of the loan repayment. The amount of subsidy for each period is calculated based on the outstanding principal.
Service Target and Application Eligibility
Basically all areas of economic activities (industries) are eligible for the interest subsidy on loans, except for enterprises engaging in financial services or carrying out economic activities under the public concession or sub-concession regime.
Application has to be lodged under the name of an enterprise, while meeting the following requirements:
- Being a private enterprise investing in the Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR);
- Established in accordance with law;
- Being not a debtor of the Treasury of the Macao SAR
- Making Social Security Fund (FSS) contributions in compliance with legal regulations (if applicable);
- Holding license or certificate of equivalent nature required by law to carry out the business activity (if applicable).
Beneficiary enterprises will enjoy interest subsidy on loans and financing for scaling up needed investments to improve their operating conditions.
Executive department and unit: Macao Economic Bureau (DSE) – Industry and Commerce Support Division
Address: (1) DSE – Industry and Commerce Support Division: Rua Dr. Pedro José Lobo, n°s 1-3, Luso International Bank Building, 3/F, Macao;
(2) Macao SAR Service Centre (CSRAEM): Rua Nova da Areia Preta, n° 52, 1/F, Area J (Economic Affairs), Macao;
(3) Islands Service Centre of Macao SAR (CSRAEM-I), Rua de Coimbra, n° 225, 3/F , Taipa;
(4) Book an appointment for consultation provided by our enterprise liaison staff at your location through the Appointment for “Services on the Doorstep” service at the DSE website.
Tel. n°: (DSE) 2888 2088 or (CSRAEM) 8296 9262
Fax n°: (DSE) 2875 0410 or (CSRAEM) 2845 3558
WhatsApp & WeChat : 6297 9762