How to Apply
Application Procedures and Required Documents
Applicants may submit the application documents in person or by a representative to the service locations. Applicants may also submit the application documents by post, or make an Appointment for “Services on the Doorstep” through the DSEDT website to arrange a visit by our enterprise liaison staff to collect the application.
Note: The DSEDT will not be held responsible for any misdelivery or non-delivery of application submitted by post.
Filing Procedures and Required Documents
- Duly completed Application Form for the SME Aid Scheme (application form can be downloaded from the DSEDT website or filled in online by performing Online Pre-Application at the website);
- Copy of identification document of the individual owners/shareholders (please photocopy both the front and back of the identity card on the same side of an A4 paper);
- Documents proving the use of assistance:
- If the application is made for the purpose of purchasing equipment needed for operation or conducting promotion and publicity campaigns, copies of relevant quotations are required.
- If the application is made for the purpose of renovating, decorating and expanding business premises, copies of relevant quotations, photos of the business premises before the works, and copy of the lease contract/ property search report of the business premises are required.
- If the application is made for the purpose of entering into commercial concession contracts and franchising contracts, relevant information about the contracts shall be attached thereto.
To facilitate analysis and assessment, the following documents may also be required depending on individual circumstances:
- Copy of identification document of the guarantors (please photocopy both the front and back of the identity card on the same side of an A4 paper);
- Copies of Income Declarations (i.e. the declaration form filed to the DSF annually for reporting turnover and profit/loss) for the previous 2 to 3 years;
- For enterprises engaging in industries that require administrative licenses, photocopy of the licenses must be provided (e.g. a restaurant operator shall provide the relevant licenses issued by the Civil and Municipal Affairs Bureau (IACM)/Macao Government Tourism Office (DST)).
- Bank transaction records for the last 6 months of the primary bank account opened under the name of the enterprise.
- Engineering companies may submit, if any, recent works contracts and photos of works.
- Choosing online pre-application can reduce the waiting time for submitting applications. To perform online pre-application, register as a user at the DSEDT website (or simply log in as a user if previously registered for other e-services of the DSEDT). After submitting the pre-application, print and duly sign the application form, and submit it to any of the service locations along with other application documents.
- The Advisory Committee may request applicant enterprises to provide reports, documents or information about their economic situations and capacities to service debt obligations.
- An application will be deemed withdrawn if the application process is in halt for more than 3 months due to reasons attributable to the applicant.
- Anyone who provides false information or uses any unlawful means during the application process to obtain the assistance shall be held civilly and criminally liable in accordance with law.
Service Locations and Hours
Apply in person
- Economic and Technological Development Bureau (DSEDT) – Industry and Commerce Support Division
Address: Rua Dr. Pedro José Lobo, n°s 1-3, Luso International Bank Building, 3/F, Macao
Office Hours:Monday to Thursday, 9:00 – 13:00, 14:30 – 17:45
Friday, 9:00 – 13:00, 14:30 – 17:30
- Macao SAR Service Centre (CSRAEM)
Address: Rua Nova da Areia Preta, n° 52, Macao
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 – 18:00 (no lunch break)
- Islands Service Centre of Macao SAR (CSRAEM-I)
Address: Rua de Coimbra, n° 225, 3/F , Taipa
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 – 18:00 (no lunch break)
- Service locations in community set up by industrial and commercial organisations as entrusted by the DSEDT
Free of charge
Time Required for Assessment
An application submitted by an eligible SME will be analysed by the Advisory Committee of the SME Aid Scheme, which will provide an opinion that will serve as a basis for the Administrative Council of the Industrial and Commercial Development Fund (FDIC) to decide on the granting of assistance. The DSEDT will inform the enterprise of the application result within 30 working days upon receipt of all required application documents. Successful applicants will receive the assistance proceeds upon completing the required procedures with the FDIC.
Notes/Information for Applicants
- Uses of assistance proceeds:
Proceeds obtained through the SME Aid Scheme must be used for:
- Purchase of equipment needed for the enterprise’s operation;
- Renovation, decoration and expansion carried out for the applicant enterprise’s business premises;
- Entering into commercial concession contracts and franchising contracts;
- Acquisition of right to exclusive use of technology;
- Acquisition of intellectual property rights;
- Publicity and promotion campaigns;
- Enhancing the enterprise’s operating capacity and competitiveness;
- Working capital of the enterprise;
- Economic and financial difficulties owing to abnormal, unpredictable or force majeure events.
- Assistance amount:
The maximum assistance amount is MOP600,000.00 (six hundred thousand patacas).
- Repayment term:
Repayment of assistance shall be made in half-yearly instalments, with the first instalment repaid in the 18th month from the date of the approval of the granting. The maximum repayment period is 8 years.
- Reporting obligation:
- Documents proving the use of the assistance shall be submitted every six months from the date of obtaining the assistance proceeds until the end of the project;
- In the event of transfer of participation (capital contribution) by any shareholder of the collective person commercial entrepreneur before the full repayment of assistance, copy of the commercial registration certificate and copy of identity card (front and back) of the new shareholders shall be submitted within six months.
- Furthermore, all enterprises participating in the Scheme are obliged to report to the Industry and Commerce Support Division of the DSEDT under the following circumstances:
- The enterprise has its business scale grown beyond the requirements set out in laws and regulations during its participation in the Scheme;
- The enterprise changes its business activities during its participation in the Scheme;
- The enterprise changes its business nature, e.g. switches from service to manufacturing industry, during its participation in the Scheme;
- The enterprise encounters major financial problems during its participation in the Scheme.
Progress Enquiry and Application Result Collection
Enquiry on application progress: Applicants may enquire about the progress of application for the SME Aid Scheme via the DSEDT Online Platform
Method to collect the application result: In person
Content provider: Economic and Technological Development Bureau (DSEDT)
Last modified: 2021-02-01 00:08