Scope of Service
The complementary certificate for the protection of medicine and phyto-pharmaceutical product is a certificate issued according the application of patent-right holder of medicine and phyto-pharmaceutical product, which possesses the authorization to place the product on the local market, for the complementary protection of the medicine and phyto-pharmaceutical product in MSAR. It is a prolonged protection system, which aims to compensate the patent-right holder of the medicine and phyto-pharmaceutical product for the loss of protection period in seeking the administrative authorization for placing the product on the market.
Service Target and Eligibility
- Applicant who is holding a Macao SAR Resident Identity Card.
- Applicant who is a body corporate registered in the Macao SAR and constituted according to the law of the Macao SAR.
- Other applicants must appoint one of the following entities as an agent by submitting an effective Power of Attorney:
- A lawyer registered with the Macao Lawyers Association;
- An individual holding a Macao SAR Resident Identity Card;
- A body corporate registered in the Macao SAR.
For application fulfilling the legal requirements, the complementary certificate for the protection of medicine and phyto-pharmaceutical product will be issued.
Executive Department and Unit: Economic and Technological Development Bureau – Patent and Copyright Division
Address: Rua Dr. Pedro José Lobo, 1-3, 8/F, Macao
Reception Center -（853） 8597 2220 / （853）8597 2266
Enquiries on Application -（853）8597 2229
Fax no:（853）2871 5291
Content provider: Economic and Technological Development Bureau (DSEDT)
Last modified: 2021-09-17 12:56