How to Apply
Application Procedures and Required Documents
- Applicants are required to register as a user at the DSEDT website. After having logged in as a user, choose “Young Entrepreneurs Aid Scheme” under the Administrative Services/ e-Services / Online Application / Economic Activities Development to perform online pre-application and fill in the application form;
- After having completed the application form, applicants are required to submit the pre-application online;
- After having printed and duly signed the application form, submit the application documents, along with other documents required for application, in person or by a representative to the service locations. Applicants may also submit the documents by post, or make an Appointment for “Services on the Doorstep” through the DSEDT website to arrange a visit by our enterprise liaison staff to collect the application.
- Applicants may simply log in as a user to perform online pre-application if previously registered for other e-services of the DSEDT.
- The DSEDT will not be held responsible for any misdelivery or non-delivery of application submitted by post.
Filing Procedures and Required Documents
- Validly signed application form for the Young Entrepreneurs Aid Scheme (to be printed from the DSEDT website after submitting the online pre-application);
- Copy of identification document (front and back) of the individual commercial entrepreneurs/all shareholders of the collective person commercial entrepreneur;
- Copy of license, or certificate of the same nature, required by law to carry out the business activity, except for those who have not yet commenced the business activity; for those whose applications are under process, please attach a copy of application receipt;
- Entrepreneurship proposal or business plan (may be written by referring to the outline below);
- Information about the business activity (including: scope of business, advantages of the products/services provided, target customers, state of competition, publicity methods, etc.)
- Operating conditions (including: human resources situation, sources of income, actual sales or its forecast, operating costs and other funding channels, etc.)
- Uses of assistance proceeds
- Materials showing the use of assistance. (e.g. if the assistance is for purchasing equipment for the commercial enterprise’s operation/decorating the business premises of the commercial enterprise/publicity and promotion campaigns, please attach relevant quotations; if the assistance is for entering into commercial concession or franchising contracts, please attach information about the contracts for reference.)
- Copy of document certifying the completion of training courses, or copy of document certifying a qualification in business administration or similar studies (except those who have not yet completed the training course).
To facilitate analysis and assessment, the following materials are also required:
- Photocopy of the Income Declaration (i.e. the declaration form filed to the DSF annually for reporting turnover and profit/loss) for the previous year (if applicable);
- If the application is made for the purpose of decorating the business premises of the commercial enterprise, photos of the business premises before the works, and copy of the lease contract/property search report of the business premises to be decorated are required;
- Bank transaction records for the last 6 months of the primary bank account (opened under the name of the enterprise) (if applicable);
- Engineering companies may submit, if any, recent works contracts and photos of works;
- If there is a guarantor, copy of his/her identification document (front and back);
- Other materials for reference, if any.
- Applicants may be requested to provide other documents, reports or information which are deemed important by the Advisory Committee on a case-by-case basis.
- For implementation of e-Government measures, the Advisory Committee may request applicants to submit electronic copies of application documents.
- Anyone who provides false information or uses other unlawful means during the application process to obtain the assistance shall incur, if any, civil and criminal liability in accordance with law.
Service Locations and Hours
Apply in person
- Economic and Technological Development Bureau (DSEDT) – Industry and Commerce Support Division
Address: Rua Dr. Pedro José Lobo, n°s 1-3, Luso International Bank Building, 3/F, Macao
Monday to Thursday, 9:00 – 13:00, 14:30 – 17:45
Friday, 9:00 – 13:00, 14:30 – 17:30
- Macao SAR Service Centre (CSRAEM)
Address: Rua Nova da Areia Preta, n° 52, Macao
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 – 18:00 (no lunch break)
- Islands Service Centre of Macao SAR (CSRAEM-I)
Address: Rua de Coimbra, n° 225, 3/F , Taipa
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 – 18:00 (no lunch break)
- Service locations in community set up by industrial and commercial organisations as entrusted by the DSEDT
Free of charge
Time Required for Assessment
An application submitted by an eligible Young Entrepreneur will be analysed by the Advisory Committee of the Young Entrepreneurs Aid Scheme, which will provide an opinion that will serve as a basis for the Administrative Council of the Industrial and Commercial Development Fund (FDIC) to decide on the granting of assistance. The DSEDT will inform the enterprise of the application result within 30 working days upon receipt of all required application documents. Successful applicants will receive the assistance proceeds upon completing the required procedures with the FDIC.
Notes/Information for Applicants
- Uses of assistance proceeds:
Assistance proceeds obtained through the Young Entrepreneurs Aid Scheme must be used for business activities carried out in the Macao SAR by the beneficiary commercial enterprise, and must be allocated to the following uses:
- Purchase of equipment needed for the commercial enterprise’s operation;
- Decoration works carried out for the commercial enterprise’s business premises;
- Entering into commercial concession contracts or franchising contracts;
- Acquisition of right to exclusive use of technology;
- Acquisition of intellectual property rights;
- Publicity and promotion campaigns;
- Commercial enterprise’s working capital.
- Assistance amount and repayment terms:
- Each beneficiary individual commercial entrepreneur or collective person commercial entrepreneur will be granted an interest-free assistance up to MOP300,000.00 (three hundred thousand patacas).
- The beneficiary commercial entrepreneur shall repay the assistance proceeds within 8 years from the date of the approval of the granting.
- Repayment of assistance shall be made in half-yearly instalments, with the first instalment repaid in the 18th month from the date of the approval of the granting.
- The beneficiary commercial entrepreneur may, at any time, repay any undue assistance fully or partially in advance.
- Provision of guarantee. A “Young Entrepreneur of Macao” shall fully undertake the obligation of the assistance proceeds. If the amount of assistance exceeds MOP100,000.00 (one hundred thousand patacas), the beneficiary commercial entrepreneur has to appoint a suitable Macao SAR permanent resident as another guarantor to fully undertake the obligation of the assistance proceeds.
- Obligations of beneficiary commercial entrepreneur:
- To submit documents proving the uses of the assistance proceeds every 180 days from the date of obtaining the assistance proceeds until the completion of the project;
- A beneficiary entrepreneur who has not submitted the relevant permit/licence due to not having started operating the business activity at the moment of application shall submit such document within 180 days from the date of being notified of the approval of the granting;
- A “Young Entrepreneur of Macao” who no longer owns more than 50% of the capital contributed to the beneficiary collective person commercial entrepreneur before the full repayment of assistance proceeds due to transfer of participation (capital contribution) shall provide a copy of commercial registration certificate proving the transfer within 180 days from the date of registration of such transfer;
- Written notification shall be provided should there be any changes in the scope of business before the assistance proceeds is fully repaid.
- Cancellation of granting of assistance:
If a beneficiary commercial entrepreneur makes false declarations, provides false information or uses other unlawful means to obtain the assistance, the granting of the assistance will be cancelled with immediate effect. Also, the law has also specified circumstances that will lead to cancellation of granting of assistance, including mainly:
- Non-performance of any one of the obligations of beneficiary commercial entrepreneur;
- Termination of business activity of the beneficiary commercial enterprise;
- The beneficiary commercial entrepreneur no longer operates or owns the commercial enterprise;
- The shareholder originally holding more than 50% of the capital contributed to the beneficiary collective person commercial entrepreneur no longer holds more than 50%;
- Assistance proceeds not being used for purposes that the granting is approved for;
- Assistance proceeds being used by a commercial enterprise other than the beneficiary commercial enterprise;
- Non-repayment of due assistance proceeds for over 9 months, or of the final instalment of due assistance proceeds for over 3 months.
Progress Enquiry and Application Result Collection
Enquiry on application progress: Applicants may enquire about the progress of application for the Young Entrepreneurs Aid Scheme via the DSEDT Online Platform
Method to collect the application result: In person
Content provider: Economic and Technological Development Bureau (DSEDT)
Last modified: 2021-02-01 00:06