To encourage the youth of Macao to explore new options and opportunities other than traditional career tendencies, realise their entrepreneurship aspirations, as well as to inject new impetus to Macao’s economic development, the Young Entrepreneurs Aid Scheme provides interest-free assistance to local youth with entrepreneurship aspirations but lacking resources for helping to alleviate their financial pressures during the early stage of their startup.
Young entrepreneurs of Macao, and limited companies with over 50% of capital contributed by young entrepreneurs of Macao may lodge their applications. The assistance proceeds shall be used for the following purposes: purchase of equipment needed for the enterprise’s operation; decoration works carried out for the commercial enterprise’s business premises; entering into commercial concession contracts or franchising contracts; acquisition of right to exclusive use of technology or intellectual property rights; conducting publicity and promotion campaigns; and the commercial enterprise’s working capital. The maximum amount of assistance is MOP300,000.00 (three hundred thousand patacas), with a maximum repayment period of 8 years.
Service Target and Application Eligibility
“Young Entrepreneurs of Macao” refer to Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) permanent residents, aged between 21 and 44, engaging in industrial and commercial activities in the Macao SAR. They may lodge applications for the reason of operating a commercial enterprise registered at the Financial Services Bureau (DSF) for tax purposes, provided that the following requirements are met at the same time:
- The individual commercial entrepreneurs (individual owners)/shareholders owning over 50% of the capital contributed to the collective person commercial entrepreneurs (corporate owners) have to be “Young Entrepreneurs of Macao”;
- The “Young Entrepreneurs of Macao” shall have never been granted any repayable assistance by the Industrial and Commercial Development Fund (FDIC); for a collective person commercial entrepreneur who has previously been granted any assistance by the FDIC, the shareholder solely owning over 50% of the capital contributed to it is also considered as having been granted the assistance;
- The entrepreneurs are not debtors of the Macao SAR;
- The enterprise has operated in the Macao SAR for a period not exceeding two years;
- The enterprise holds the license required by law to carry out the business activity (except for those who have not yet commenced carrying out the business activity);
- The “Young Entrepreneurs of Macao” have to complete not less than 42 hours of entrepreneurial-related training courses organised or held by public or private higher education institutions of the Macao SAR, or by the Macau Productivity and Technology Transfer Center (CPTTM); young entrepreneurs possessing higher education degrees in business administration or similar studies, or diplomas of courses with a duration of not less than 1 year are waived from the aforementioned training courses.
Note: Young entrepreneurs studying or planning to study the training courses are also allowed to lodge applications for the Young Entrepreneurs Aid Scheme. However, it should be noted that beneficiary entrepreneurs will receive the assistance proceeds only after having submitted the copies of certificates of course completion within 180 days from the date of being informed of the approval of application.
Interest-free assistance will be provided to local youth with entrepreneurship aspirations but lacking resources for helping to alleviate their financial pressures during their early stage of entrepreneurship.
Executive department and unit: Economic and Technological Development Bureau (DSEDT) – Industry and Commerce Support Division
Address: (1) Economic and Technological Development Bureau (DSEDT) – Industry and Commerce Support Division: Rua Dr. Pedro José Lobo, n°s 1-3, Luso International Bank Building, 3/F, Macao;
(2) Macao SAR Service Centre (CSRAEM): Rua Nova da Areia Preta, n° 52, Macao;
(3) Islands Service Centre of Macao SAR (CSRAEM-I): Rua de Coimbra, n° 225, 3/F , Taipa;
(4) Book an appointment for consultation provided by our enterprise liaison staff at your location through the Appointment for “Services on the Doorstep” service at the DSEDT website.
Tel. n°: 2888 2088
Fax n°: 2875 5011
WhatsApp & WeChat : 6297 9762
Content provider: Economic and Technological Development Bureau (DSEDT)
Last modified: 2021-03-25 12:32