1. Service targets and application eligibility
Owners of offending vehicles, offenders or authorized payers
2. Application methods
In person / Internet/BOC Express / BOCNET / Info-kiosks of “Cityguide” of I.A.M
3. Documents to be submitted
- Temporary violation notice / Violation notice / Written record
- A person paying in the name of the vehicle owner is required to complete an information form provided by the PSP
4. Documents to be presented
- Come in person
- Valid driving licence
- Vehicle registration card
- Payment in the name of the payer (persons with driving qualification / offenders)
a. Valid driving licence
b. Vehicle registration card
c. Provide the name of the vehicle owner
- Payment in the name of the vehicle owner (persons without driving qualification / offenders unwilling to pay in his / her own name)
a. Valid proof of identity
b. Vehicle registration card
- Internet / BOC Express / BOCNET / Info-kiosks of “Cityguide” of I.A.M
- Licence plate number of vehicle or last four digits of I.D. Card of vehicle owner
- The vehicle identification number / chassis number (the last four digits) of Vehicle identification document (registration document)
5. Fee (or tax)
Statutory fine corresponding to the traffic offence
6. Payment instructions
Payment methods (in MOP)
- In person: Cash, cheque (payable to Corpo de Polícia de Segurança Pública), debit card (Bank of China / Tai Fung Bank), VISA / Master / UnionPay Card (Bank of China / Tai Fung Bank / BNU), UnionPay QuickPass Card (Bank of China), MacauPass, MPay
- Internet: Credit card
- BOC Express: BOC Card
- BOCNET: BOC online banking account
- Info-kiosks of “Cityguide” of I.A.M: Quick Pass Card (BOC), MacauPass
7. Quality indicator
Payment in person – 3 minutes [see remark 3.]
- An offender of the administrative infraction may, within 15 days upon receipt of the violation notice / written record, opt to pay the fine on a voluntary basis, submit a written defence or identify the offender, without affecting the calculation of such period.
. Pay the fine on a voluntary basis: The offender who pays voluntarily within the stated period only needs to pay two-third of the fine. At the expiry of such period, the offender is required to pay the fine in full. The offender who pays voluntarily waives the right to submit a written defence or identify the offender.
. Submit a written defence: The offender who objects the facts which gave rise to the violation may submit a written defence in person or by post within the stated period. After examination, the PSP shall decide whether to impose the penalty or file the case (withdraw the prosecution). In the former case the offender is required to pay the fine in full.
. Identify the offender: If the offence was not committed by the proprietor (owner) of the vehicle, the vehicle owner must identify the offender within 15 days upon receipt of the penalty ticket. If the person notified does not identify the offender and fails to demonstrate that the vehicle has been abused within the stipulated period, he/she shall be considered responsible for the offence.
- One-third fine waiving policy is not applicable to the offenders who committed the following minor offence(s): driving without a licence, driving under the influence of alcohol, organizing unauthorized activities, speeding, non-compliance with stopping obligations (including jumping red lights, not following compulsory stop signals at interchanges and commands of traffic police officers), driving against traffic, turning or reversing vehicles (when prohibited or at prohibited locations), not giving way to specific vehicles, not giving way to pedestrians, and overtaking on pedestrian crossings.
- All fine payment against violations involving “minor offences”, infractions of civil liability insurance, violations connected to administrative fees (e.g impounded vehicles) and vehicles used for purposes other than those being authorized or registered and with reward (so-called illegal car hire service) are not applicable via Internet, BOC Express, BOCNET or Info-kiosks of “Cityguide” of I.A.M.
- Penalty or fine payment must be made in person in the Coercive Collection Bureau of the Financial Services Bureau (Address: Avenida do Dr. Rodrigo Rodrigues No. 614A-640 Edifício Long Cheng, R/C, Macau) for the cases which have been transferred to the Coercive Collection Bureau.
- “Quality indicator” refers to the time required for processing (excluding queuing time and mailing time) which is calculated, on the basis of each administrative offence, from the moment the applicant arrives at the service counter to the moment of completion of respective formalities by the service unit (minor offences not covered by the performance pledge).
9. Links to legislation
- Road Traffic Law
Law No. 3/2007 (B.O. nº 19(I),07/05/2007)
- Sai Van Bridge Regulations
Administrative Regulation No. 21/2005 (B.O. nº48(I), 28/11/2005)
- Nobre de Carvalho Bridge, Friendship Bridge and Approach Bridges Regulations
Decree-Law No. 70/95/M (B.O. 52(I), 26/12/1995)
- Road Traffic Regulations
Decree-Law No. 17/93/M (B.O. 17, 28/04/1993)
- Amendment to the stipulations of Article 5 Nº1 of Decree-law Nº31/78/M of 30 September about the fee of towing vehicle and collection
Chief Executive’s order Nº 556/2017 (B.O. 01, 02/01/2018)
Content provider: Public Security Police Force (CPSP)
Last modified: 2019-01-02 12:15