How to apply
Application procedure and necessary documents
Applicants must apply in person and submit the following documents:
- Application for Permit for Visiting a Housed Juvenile (provided by Youth Correctional Institution);
- Copy of valid identification document;
- Two 1” colour photos.
- When copies are submitted for application, originals must be presented for verification.
- Visitors must be a housed juvenile’s lineal relatives, guardians, siblings or an entity actually taking care of the juvenile.
- Housed juveniles’ siblings under 16 can only pay visits when accompanied by a parent, guardian or an entity actually taking care of the juvenile.
Service application location and times
Youth Correctional Institution
Address: Estrada de Cheoc Van no 1, em Coloane, Macau
Mondays to Thursdays: 9:00am – 1:00pm; 2:30pm – 5:45pm
Fridays: 9:00am – 1:00pm; 2:30pm – 5:30pm
Free of charge
Necessary time for approval
To be completed within 8 working days as of the day when all necessary documents are received. (Performance Pledge)
Remarks / important notes when applying
- After the application is approved, the applicant will be notified about the collection of the Permit.
- On collecting the Permit, the applicant must present his / her valid ID. The person collecting the Permit on behalf of the applicant must present his / her ID and the applicant’s ID copy.
- After the Permit is issued, visitors holding the Permit can visit the juvenile on the date and time arranged by Youth Correctional Institution.
- If the Permit is lost, it is necessary to submit a declaration and re-apply for the Permit.
- Pamphlet for Application for Permit for Visiting a Housed Juvenile.
Content provider: Correctional Services Bureau (DSC)
Last modified: 2017-12-13 15:07