How to Apply
Time of application: Advance application to the Health Bureau is required for any temporary closure of firm for import, export and wholesale of pharmaceutical products.
Application procedures and documents required:
- The Completed FI-6 Application Form for Temporary / Permanent Closure of
‘Firm for Import, Export and Wholesale of Pharmaceutical Products’;
- Documents justifying the reason for temporary closure;
- List of remaining medicines and their handling method (Note);
- Original of the licence and of the registration form of the firm;
- For firms holding the authorisation for wholesale, import and export of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances, it is required to provide the list of remaining medicines, their handling method and supporting documents (such as return invoice or proof of delivery to the Pharmaceutical Affairs Department of the Health Bureau for disposal). Other documents and supplemental information shall also be submitted when necessary.
Note: The relevant documents shall be signed by the firm owner, or an executive management member legitimately representing the company when the firm owner is a legal person.
Location of Application and Service Hours
Location of application: Pharmaceutical Affairs Department, Health Bureau
Address: Avenida Sidónio Pais, n.º 51, Edif. “China Plaza”, 1.º andar, Macau (Receipt and Dispatch Unit)
Mondays to Thursdays: 09:00-13:00; 14:30-17:45
Fridays: 09:00-13:00; 14:30-17:30
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
Application Processing Time
The Health Bureau will finish the review and approval process within 90 days upon receipt of all the documents required.
Application Status Enquiry and Result Collection
Application status enquiry: Not available online
Means of result collection: In person