How to Apply
Time of application: Advance application to the Health Bureau is required for any permanent closure of firm for import, export and wholesale of pharmaceutical products.
Application procedures and documents required:
- The completed FI-6 Application Form for Temporary / Permanent Closure of ‘Firm for Import, Export and Wholesale of Pharmaceutical Products’;
- Declaration of Business Closure issued by the owner (with signature verified by the notary department, or present the original or certified copy of the signatory’s identity document for signature verification by the Pharmaceutical Affairs Department of the Health Bureau) (Note 1);
- List of remaining medicines and their handling method (Note 2);
- Original of the licence and of the registration form of the firm;
- For firms holding the authorisation for wholesale, import and export of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances, it is required to provide at the same time the list of remaining medicines, their handling method and supporting documents (such as return invoice or proof of delivery to the Pharmaceutical Affairs Department of the Health Bureau for disposal) (Note 3).
- The document shall be signed by an executive management member legitimately representing the company when the firm owner is a legal person;
- The document shall be signed by the firm owner, or an executive management member legitimately representing the company when the firm owner is a legal person;
- For firms holding the authorisation for trade of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances, the Health Bureau will nullify the authorisation at the same time, based on Sub-paragraph b of Paragraph 1 of Article 14 under Decree-Law no. 34/99/M dated 19th July.
Location of Application and Service Hours
Location of application: Pharmaceutical Affairs Department, Health Bureau
Address: Avenida Sidónio Pais, n.º 51, Edif. “China Plaza”, 1.º andar, Macau (Receipt and Dispatch Unit)
Mondays to Thursdays: 09:00-13:00; 14:30-17:45
Fridays: 09:00-13:00; 14:30-17:30
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
Application Processing Time
The Health Bureau will finish the review and approval process within 90 days upon receipt of all the documents required.
Application Status Enquiry and Result Collection
Application status enquiry: Not available online
Means of result collection: In person