How to Apply
Time of application: It is necessary to obtain relevant prior authorisation from the Health Bureau before advertising a product claiming health benefits in Macao.
Application procedures and documents required:
- A duly completed “Application Form for Advertisement of Products Claiming Health Benefits”;
- A copy of the product classification letter issued by the Pharmaceutical Affairs Department;
- Proposed advertising script; for electronic advertisements carrying sounds, the audio/video materials (e.g. audio recordings, video clips, CD or VCD) of the production should be submitted;
- Literature and/or supporting documents verifying the truthfulness and legitimacy of the advertisement.
- According to the provision of paragraph 1 of article 19 (Regime) of Chapter II (Installation of Advertisements) of Law no. 7/89/M dated 4th September, the installation of outdoor advertisements is subject to prior licensing by the Municipal Affairs Bureau.
- Each application form is limited to one advertisement application.
- For applications involving more than one item, the applicant should submit a completed supplementary sheet.
Location of Application and Service Hours
Location of application: Pharmaceutical Affairs Department of the Health Bureau
Address: Avenida Sidónio Pais, n.º 51, Edif. “China Plaza”, 1.º andar, Macau (Receipt and Dispatch Unit)
Mondays to Thursdays: 09:00-13:00; 14:30-17:45
Fridays: 09:00-13:00; 14:30-17:30
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
Free of charge
Application Processing Time
The application result will be issued within 15 working days upon receipt of all required documents. (Performance pledge)
Collection of Application Result
Method of result collection: In person