How to Apply
Time of application: It is necessary to obtain relevant prior authorisation from the Health Bureau advertising a pharmaceutical product in Macao.
Application procedures and documents required:
- A duly completed “Application Form for Advertisement of Pharmaceutical Products”;
- Proposed advertising script; for electronic advertisements carrying sounds, the audio/video materials (e.g. audio recordings, video clips, CD or VCD) of the production should be submitted;
- Literature and/or supporting documents verifying the truthfulness and legitimacy of the advertisement;
- If the pharmaceutical product advertisement is intended for health professionals, it is required to submit documentary proof that the publications or information media involved in the relevant pharmaceutical product advertisement are intended for health professionals only.
- Only those advertising applications involving pharmaceutical products that are legally licensed for sale in Macao will be considered.
- As for “prescription drugs”, advertisement is only allowed to be made on the samples, publications and other information media intended for health professionals.
- Each application form is limited to one advertisement application.
- For applications involving more than one item, the applicant should submit a completed supplementary sheet.
Location of Application and Service Hours
Location of application: Pharmaceutical Affairs Department of the Health Bureau
Address: Avenida Sidónio Pais, n.º 51, Edif. “China Plaza”, 1.º andar, Macau (Receipt and Dispatch Unit)
Mondays to Thursdays: 09:00-13:00; 14:30-17:45
Fridays: 09:00-13:00; 14:30-17:30
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
Free of charge
Application Processing Time
Collection of Application Result
Method of result collection: In person