No time constraint
Application procedure and required documents:
The operator is required to submit the following documents or information:
- The completed “Application Form for Non-scheduled Air Services to/from Macao SAR”; (application form can be downloaded from AACM homepage)
- A valid Air Operator Certificate (AOC) or equivalent document issued by the aeronautical authorities of the country designating the operator, certifying that the aeronautical authorities are satisfied that the operator is competent to secure the safe operation of aircraft on flights for the purpose of public transport, in accordance with such conditions and limitations as may be specified in the certificate. This certificate shall contain at least the following information:
- operator’s identification document (name, address, etc.) ;
- date of issue and period of validity ;
- description of the types of operations authorised ;
- the type(s) of aircraft authorised for use ; and
- authorised areas of operation or routes.
- Documentary evidence from the operator’s insurance company to show that the operator carries appropriate insurance regarding legal liability to passengers and cargo legal liability (the Montreal Convention requirements apply), and legal liability to third parties. (For information on liability insurance, please refer to Administrative Regulations No.11/2004 and No.19/2011)
- Certificate of registration of aircraft to be used in the requested operation;
- Airworthiness certificate of aircraft to be used in the requested operation;
- Noise certificate of aircraft to be used in the requested operation;
- For charter flights, the following additional information should be provided:
- Details of the proposed charter flight (i.e. the type of charter to be operated, the proposed operating schedule, etc);
- Justification for the charter flight.
Methods of Application
Application shall be made through the following methods:
Letter to CAA: 18/F, Cheng Feng Commercial Centre, 336-342, Alameda Dr. Carlos D’Assumpção, Macao;
Fax: (853) 8796 4115 (Direct line) / (853) 2833 8089 (General line);
Online application: Register an account at https://fltapp.aacm.gov.mo/login.
Monday to Thursday: 9:00 – 13:00 ; 14:30 – 17:45
Friday: 9:00 – 13:00 ; 14:30 – 17:30
The approval process will not take more than 3 working days to complete (time guaranteed in performance pledge).
Note: The time guaranteed commences from the next date following the date of submission of all required documents or information.
- Permits may contain such conditions as the President of the Civil Aviation Authority thinks fit having regard to the nature and circumstances of the applications.
- The captain of an aircraft which lands in Macau International Airport for non-traffic purposes will, before departure, be required to sign at the Airport Dispatch Office, a certificate to the effect that the flight is not subject to a permit.
Conditions governing the operation of non-scheduled air services:
- In conformity with Article 5 of the Chicago Convention, applications for non-scheduled air services for the carriage of passengers or cargo will normally be approved if the President of the Civil Aviation Authority is satisfied that the corresponding scheduled services cannot satisfy a genuine demand by providing the service or capacity required and, in the case of applications made by airlines based outside Macao, the airlines would be granted no less favourable treatment to Macao based airlines making a similar application.
- Applications for non-scheduled air services for the carriage of both passengers and cargo will not normally be considered.
- Permits for non-scheduled services are granted on condition that the holder does not advertise such services for sale direct to the general public.