How to process
Documents to be submitted:
- Application form for tree burial (014/DHA/DHAL);
- A clear photocopy of the identification document of the applicant;
- Supporting documents of proof of cremation or source of ashes.
Additional documents to be submitted (required when conditions are met):
If the ashes are not from a public cemetery, the license for moving ashes to the cemetery is to be applied for and a clear photocopy of the identification document of the deceased is required to be submitted.
Documents to be presented: The original of the identification document of the applicant is required to be produced.
Locations for processing the procedure and office hours
Locations for processing:
- Integrated Services Centre: Avenida da Praia Grande, n.os 762-804, Edifício China Plaza, 2.º andar, Macau
- Northern District Public Services Centre: Rua Nova da Areia Preta, n.º 52, Centro de Serviços da RAEM, Macau
- Northern District Public Services Centre – Toi San Station: Avenida de Artur Tamagnini Barbosa, n.º 127, Edifício D.ª Julieta Nobre de Carvalho, Bloco B, R/C, Macau
- Northern District Public Services Centre – Fai Chi Kei Station: Rua Nova do Patane, Habitação Social de Fai Chi Kei, Edifício Fai Tat,Bloco II, R/C, Lojas G e H, Macau
- Central District Public Services Centre: Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, n.os 5 e 7, Complexo da Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, 3.˚ andar, Macau
- Central District Public Services Centre – S. Lourenço Station: Rua de João Lecaros, Complexo Municipal do Mercado de S. Lourenço, 4.˚ andar, Macau
- Macao Government Services Centre in Islands: Rua de Coimbra, n.º 225, 3.˚ andar, Taipa
- Islands District Public Services Centre: Rua da Ponte Negra, Bairro Social da Taipa, n.º 75K, Taipa
- Islands District Public Services Centre – Seac Pai Van Station: Avenida de Vale das Borboletas, Complexo Comunitário de Seac Pai Van, 6.˚ andar, Coloane
- Service Office in Our Lady Mercy Cemetery: Our Lady Mercy Cemetery, Avenida Coronel Mesquita, Macau
Integrated Services Centre, Macao Government Services Centre in Islands and Public Services Centres
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (No lunch break, closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays)
Service Office in Our Lady Mercy Cemetery
Monday to Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.; 2:30 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.; 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
(Closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays)
1. Tree burial service: MOP 200.00 (Temporarily exempted)
2. For ashes not from public cemeteries – License for moving remains to a cemetery: MOP 100.00
Form fee: Not applicable
Stamp Duty: 10% of the application fee
Security deposit: Not applicable
Fees, Charges and Prices List: https://www.iam.gov.mo/p/pricetable/list
Time required for processing
Time for processing: 3 working days
Remarks/ points to note for application
- Only ashes can be used for tree burial;
- After the application for tree burial service, the applicant is required to send the ashes of the deceased and submit the receipt of tree burial to Taipa Sa Kong Municipal Cemetery at least one working day prior to the tree burial ceremony for the ash filtering procedure to be carried out in advance. Moreover, the applicant has to proceed to Taipa Sa Kong Municipal Cemetery for the tree burial ceremony on the scheduled day to hold the ceremony. If the applicant simultaneously applies for bone remains cremation service of the Municipal Affairs Bureau (IAM), IAM will assist in the delivery of the ashes after cremation to the Taipa Sa Kong Municipal Cemetery. The tree burial ceremony is required to be held on the working days from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. or 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.;
- The applicant can choose to carry out the tree burial ceremony by the authorised IAM staff or funeral company, or on his/her own;
- The applicant is required to use the paper bag provided by IAM to hold the ashes of the deceased, and must follow the instructions of IAM staff on site. The ashes of the deceased cannot be retrieved after the tree burial ceremony and the burial location concerned will be reused after the natural decomposition of the ashes;
- IAM is responsible for engraving the name of the buried person on the tombstone and can set the reserved period. If the applicant proposes any alteration of the epitaph later, he/she is required to apply to IAM and bear any charges concerned;
- It is not allowed to leave any marks, sacrificial offerings and mementos in the green burial area;
- After obtaining approval, if there is any emergency that requires a change to the date or time of the tree burial of the deceased’s ashes, the applicant should immediately notify IAM by telephone or fax in order to make another arrangement or handling.
Relevant standards or requirements
Progress enquiry and obtaining result of service
Enquiry about application progress:：https://account.gov.mo/pt/login/
Method for obtaining the result of service: Visiting in person to obtain the result