How to process
Required Document: 1. The original of the plant quarantine certificate issued by the place of origin;
2. Import declaration form (declaration document);
3. The table indicating the species and quantity of the plants for inspection (This form will be provided to initial applicants by the IAM).
Documents to be presented: For floral species regulated by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), the following documents should be presented upon application:
(1) The original of the CITES certificate issued by the Economic and Technological Development Bureau (DSEDT) of Macao;
(2) The original of the CITES certificate issued by the exporting country.
Locations for processing the procedure and office hours
Location: Division of Conservation of Nature of the Department of Green Areas and Gardens, Seac Pai Van Country Park, Coloane.
Office hours: Monday – Thursday: 9:00am – 1pm，2:30pm – 5:45pm;
Friday: 9:00am – 1:00pm, 2:30pm – 5:30pm.
(Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays)
Application fee: Fees will be charged in patacas according to the stipulations of Article 79, Chapter 7 of the Fees, charges and prices list of IAM.
Form fee: No need to pay for the application form
Stamp Duty: No need to pay stamp duty
Deposit: No need to pay deposit
Fees, Charges and Prices List: Not Applicable
Time required for processing
Processing time: 1 working day
Remarks/ points to note for application
- An applicant is required to make a booking by calling 6222 8993 before 5:00 p.m. at least one working day in advance or by using the IAM online booking system;
- The applicant must be punctual with the plant to be inspected and all related documents ready at the port on time, or the plant quarantine service will be cancelled. In such case, the applicant must re-apply for the service;
- As the import license for endangered wild fauna and flora is issued by the Economic and Technological Development Bureau (DSEDT), applicants should first make enquiries and applications to the Economic and Technological Development Bureau (DSEDT);
- If you want to know about “the endangered species of wild fauna and flora”, please visit the following website:
https://www.dsedt.gov.mo/ (Administrative Procedures Guidelines).
Relevant standards or requirements
Progress enquiry and obtaining result of service