How to process
Documents to be submitted:
The following documents are required to be submitted to the inspection staff for checking upon phytosanitary inspection on site and are not required to be submitted in advance.
1. The original of the phytosanitary certificate issued by the place of origin;
2. Import declaration form;
3. Table of Species and Quantities of Plants for Inspection. The applicant may download the form on the IAM website (IAM website > Introduction to services > E-forms > Animals & Plants).
If the plant species are regulated by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), it is also necessary to produce the following:
1. The original of the CITES certificate and the original of Import License issued by the Economic and Technological Development Bureau of the Government of the Macao Special Administrative Region;
2. The original of the CITES certificate issued by the exporting country / region.
It is necessary to make a successful booking in order to use the phytosanitary inspection service:
The phytosanitary inspection service of landscape plants is available by booking. The applicant can make a booking by phone or via the IAM online booking system.
1. Booking by phone: The applicant is required to dial (853) 6222 8993 from Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays) to make a booking for phytosanitary inspection service at least 1 working day in advance;
2. IAM online booking system: The IAM online booking system operates 24 hours. However, the system cannot make bookings for Saturday, Sunday and public holidays. Therefore, the applicant is required to make a booking by phone in advance for the phytosanitary inspection service on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays.
Locations for processing the procedure and office hours
Phytosanitary inspection location: Border Gate, Inner Harbour Ferry Terminal, Outer Harbour Ferry Terminal, Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge, Macau International Airport, Ká-Hó Harbour, Macao Post, Taipa Ferry Terminal, etc.
Phytosanitary inspection time: Working days, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2:45 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.; for booking on non-business days and other sessions, please consult IAM staff during booking.
Application fee: Not applicable.
Form fee: Not applicable.
Stamp Duty: Not applicable.
Security deposit: Not applicable.
Fees, Charges and Prices List: Phytosanitary inspection fees are charged in accordance with the current “Fees, Charges and Prices List of IAM” www.iam.gov.mo/c/pricetable/list.
Time required for processing
Processing time: 1 working day
Remarks/ points to note for application
1. The applicant is required to be strictly punctual. Before the booking time, it is necessary to arrange for the plants to be inspected at the port and to have all the documents ready. Otherwise it is necessary to make a new application for the phytosanitary inspection of landscape plants;
2. The applicant is required to give contact information upon booking;
3. If the applicant has successfully made a booking for the phytosanitary inspection service on Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday, the inspection staff will contact the applicant in advance to confirm the inspection details on that day. If there is a need to change the inspection time due to force majeure factors (e.g. adverse weather influencing the flight arrival time at Macao), the applicant has to contact the inspection staff of that day or dial (853) 2833 7676 for enquiry.
Relevant standards or requirements
Progress enquiry and obtaining result of service