How to Apply
Deadline for Formalities
The right to register a semiconductor product topography cannot be exercised if 2 years have already elasped since the first commercial exploitation of the topography anywhere, or 15 years have already elapsed since the topography was fixed or codified for the first time, if it has never been exploited.
Formalities and Documents Required for Application
Apply in person:
- The applicant should complete the “Application Form for Registration of Topography of Semiconductor Product” (Format ECO-057) in Chinese or Portuguese (the form can be obtained at the service location or downloaded from DSEDT website)
- Application may be made on behalf of an individual or a body corporate. However, if the applicant (individual or body corporate) is not a Macao SAR resident or establishment, the form should be signed by an appointed agent;
- After signing the form, recognized signature can be made at the service location by showing the original identity document with signature.
- Submit the forms with the annexes to the Industrial Property Application Counter of Reception Center of the Economic and Technological Development Bureau (2nd Floor).
- The relevant fees together with the payment slip should be submitted and paid in patacas at the Treasury of the Reception Center of the Economic and Technological Development Bureau (2nd Floor) within 8 working days upon the application. Payment methods can be found on the “Administrative Services – Payment Methods” page of the DSEDT website.
- The completed “Application Form for Registration of Topography of Semiconductor Product” (Format ECO-057), which can be obtained at the service location or downloaded from DSEDT website.
Supplementary documents to be submitted as appropriate
- When processed by an appointed agent:
- Power of attorney (must be duly authenticated, with recognition of the identity of the constituent and the exercise of the power of attorney).
- Other supporting documents (such as: authorization, consent, etc.).
- For powers of attorneys or other documents not written in one of the official languages of the Macao SAR:
- Translation into one of the official languages of the Macao SAR (Chinese or Portuguese), duly authenticated/ certified;
- Stamp duty is required for translation certificate, with 5 patacas for each page, and an additional 10 patacas per certificate.
Service Location and Hours
Apply in Person
Economic and Technological Development Bureau (DSEDT) – Reception Center
Address: Rua do Dr. Pedro José Lobo, n.os 1-3，2/F, Macau
Monday to Thursday: 9:00 – 13:00; 14:30 – 17:45
Friday: 9:00 – 13:00; 14:30 – 17:30
- Application for registration (including annual fees of first two years) : 1 000 patacas
- Annual fee of 3th to 10th annuities : 500 patacas
- Opposition: Free
- Declaration of forfeiture : 1 000 patacas
- Rectification : 100 patacas
- Extension of period : 200 patacas
- Search : 200 patacas
For more details, please visit the “Intellectual Property – Fees” page of the DSEDT website.
After fee settlement, if the documents have been presented in order, and there is no ground for refusal, the registration will be granted in about 9 months.
Notes / Information for Applicants
If the application is in order, the relevant notice of application will be published on the first or third Wednesday of every month, in the Series II of Official Gazette of the Macao SAR. In the period between the publication date and the grant date of registration, any third-party may raise an opposition in writing against the relevant application for the registration.
In addition to the application for extension, the applicant must complete a separate “Application Form of Request for Other Actions” (Format ECO-052) which can be obtained at the service location or downloaded from DSEDT website, for each of the above circumstances and submit together with relevant documents (please consult the Patent and Copyright Division of the Economic and Technological Development Bureau).
Reference documents and templates (available in Chinese or Portuguese only):
- Power of Attorney.
- Request for Other Actions – Description of Common Request Codes.
- For other documents, please visit the “Intellectual Property – Notes on Application”.
Enquiry on Progress and Collection of Results
Collection Method of Results: The registration certificate can be collected at the Industrial Property Application Counter of Reception Center of the Economic and Technological Development Bureau (2nd Floor), upon the end of the one-month period for appeals counting from the date of publication of the approval of extension in the Official Gazette of the Macao SAR, or 5 working days after the court decision was acknowledged in the event of an appeal.
Document to be presented or submitted on collection of results: The original receipt of the payment of application fees issued by the Economic and Technological Development Bureau.
Content provider: Economic and Technological Development Bureau (DSEDT)
Last modified: 2021-03-31 00:03