How to Apply
Formalities and Documents Required for Application
In the following cases, an annotation is required to record or inscribe in the respective application document and registration certificate:
- Assignment of the rights of semiconductor product topography
- Modification of the name or business name of applicant or right-holder
- Modification of the address or corporate address of applicant or right-holder
- Licensing of the rights of semiconductor product topography
- Pledge of the rights of semiconductor product topography
Apply in person:
- The applicant should complete the “Application Form of Request for Other Actions” (Format ECO-052) in Chinese or Portuguese (the form can be obtained at the service location or downloaded from DSEDT website)
- Application may be made on behalf of an individual or a body corporate. However, if the applicant (individual or body corporate) is not a Macao SAR resident or establishment, the form should be signed by an appointed agent;
- After signing the form, recognized signature can be made at the service location by showing the original identity document with signature.
- Submit the form with the annexes to the Industrial Property Application Counter of Reception Center of the Economic and Technological Development Bureau (2nd Floor).
- For requests of annotation where payment is necessary, the relevant fees together with the payment slip should be submitted and paid in patacas at the Treasury of the Reception Center of the Economic and Technological Development Bureau (2nd Floor) upon the application. Payment methods can be found on the “Administrative Services – Payment Methods” page of the DSEDT website.
- The completed “Application Form of Request for Other Actions” (Format ECO-052), which can be obtained at the service location or downloaded from DSEDT website.
- Supporting documents of annotation.
Supplementary documents to be submitted as appropriate
- When processed by an appointed agent:
- Power of attorney (must be duly authenticated, with recognition of the identity of the constituent and the exercise of the power of attorney).
- For powers of attorneys, certificates or other documents not written in one of the official languages of the Macao SAR:
- Translation into one of the official languages of the Macao SAR (Chinese or Portuguese), duly authenticated/ certified;
- Stamp duty is required for translation certificate, with 5 patacas for each page, and an additional 10 patacas per certificate.
Service Location and Hours
Apply in Person
Economic and Technological Development Bureau (DSEDT) – Reception Center
Address: Rua do Dr. Pedro José Lobo, n.os 1-3，2/F, Macau
Monday to Thursday: 9:00 – 13:00; 14:30 – 17:45
Friday: 9:00 – 13:00; 14:30 – 17:30
- Assignment: 200 patacas
- Modification of identity: Free
- Modification of address: Free
- Exploitation license: 200 patacas
- Pledge: Free
For more details, please visit the “Intellectual Property – Fees” page of the DSEDT website.”
After filing the application and fee settlement (if applicable), should the application be in order, the annotation record will be made in the certificate of Semiconductor Product Topography Registration 10 working days after the publication of annotation in the Official Gazette of the Macao SAR.
Notes / Information for Applicants
Reference documents and templates (available in Chinese or Portuguese only):
- Power of Attorney.
- Request for Other Actions – Description of Common Request Codes.
- For other documents, please visit the “Intellectual Property – Notes on Application” page of the DSEDT website.
Enquiry on Progress and Collection of Results
Collection method of results: The registration certificate continuation sheet (annotation record) can be collected at the Industrial Property Application Counter of Reception Center of the Economic and Technological Development Bureau (2nd Floor), after 10 working days from the date of publication of the annotation.
Document to be presented or submitted on collection of results: The original receipt of the payment of fees for assignment, licensing, etc. or the original filing receipt for other types of annotation issued by the Economic and Technological Development Bureau.
Content provider: Economic and Technological Development Bureau (DSEDT)
Last modified: 2021-03-31 00:04