How to Apply
Deadline for Formalities
The duration of registration of semiconductor topography product is 10 years counting from the application date or the date of the first commercial exploitation. The annual fee of semiconductor topography product counts from the application date, and the fee for application of registration has included the annual fees of first 2 years, and the coming annual fees (including the registered semiconductor topography product and the application of semiconductor topography product) should be paid, within 6 months of the due date of annual fee of the previous year.
Formalities and Documents Required for Application
Apply in person:
- The applicant or right-holder should complete the form “Application Form of Request for Other Actions” (Format ECO-052) in Chinese or Portuguese (the form can be obtained at the service location or downloaded from DSEDT website)
- Application may be made on behalf of an individual or a body corporate. However, if the applicant (individual or body corporate) is not a Macao SAR resident or establishment, the form should be signed by an appointed agent;
- After signing the form, recognized signature can be made at the service location by showing the original identity document with signature.
- Submit the renewal request to the Industrial Property Application Counter of Reception Center of the Economic and Technological Development Bureau (2nd Floor).
- The relevant fees together with the payment slip should be submitted and paid in patacas at the Treasury of the Reception Center of the Economic and Technological Development Bureau (2nd Floor) upon the application. Payment methods can be found on the “Administrative Services – Payment Methods” page of the DSEDT website.
- The completed “Application Form of Request for Other Actions” (Format ECO-052), which can be obtained at the service location or downloaded from DSEDT website.
Service Location and Hours
Apply in Person
Economic and Technological Development Bureau (DSEDT) – Reception Center
Address: Rua do Dr. Pedro José Lobo, n.os 1-3，2/F, Macau
Monday to Thursday: 9:00 – 13:00; 14:30 – 17:45
Friday: 9:00 – 13:00; 14:30 – 17:30
Annual fee of 3th to10th annuities: 500 patacas
Surcharge : 250 patacas
(For annual fee paid within the six-month period after the end of annuity, a surcharge will be applied to the annual fee.)
For more details, please visit the “Intellectual Property – Fees” page of the DSEDT website.
No approval is required.
Notes / Information for Applicants
Reference documents and templates (available in Chinese or Portuguese only):
- Request for Other Actions – Description of Common Request Codes.
- For other documents, please visit the “Intellectual Property – Notes on Application” page of the DSEDT website.
Content provider: Economic and Technological Development Bureau (DSEDT)
Last modified: 2023-09-27 09:01