How to apply
Target Groups and Application Eligibility：
Salaries Tax taxpayers who disagree with the assessment of taxable income.
A taxpayer in person or an authorized person must go through the formalities.
- Objection must be lodged in writing and sent to the Chairperson of the Re-evaluation Committee, as well as supporting documents that the taxpayer may regard as necessary;
- A copy of the Notification of Income Assessment (M/16) and the relevant envelope.
Within 15 days upon a receipt of the Notification of Income Assessment.
Service location and office hours
- Document Reception Desk:
1/F, the “Financas” Building, 575, 579 & 585 Avenida da Praia Grande, Macao.
- Macao Government Services Centre－Taxation:
52 Rua Nova da Areia Preta, Macao.
- Macao Government Services Centre in Islands－Taxation:
Third floor, 225 Rua de Coimbra, Taipa.
Monday to Friday: 9:00 – 18:00
Closed on weekends and public holidays
Remark / Guidance notes
- If the applicant is a natural person (individual), Recognized signature can be made in the “Finanças” Building－Tax Services Centre, Macao Government Services Centre－Taxation, or Macao Government Services Centre in Islands－Taxation, by presenting the original identity documents that contains specimen signature;
- The fifth day commencing the postmark date of the registered notice will be considered as the day taxpayer gets informed. If the fifth day is a non-working day, the subsequent next working day will be substituted. Saturdays are regarded as working days for postal service;
- An objection lodged against the assessment of taxable income has the effect of holdover of payment of tax until the Re-evaluation Committee has made its determination;
- The Re-evaluation Committee will review the taxable amount and re-evaluate when the objection is entirely or partially resolved;
- The taxpayer will receive a written determination made by the Re-evaluation Committee;
- A judicial appeal against the determination made by the Re-evaluation Committee must be lodged within 45 days.