Non-resident Worker's Identification Card ("Non-resident Worker's Card" for short)


How to Apply

Application time limit:

No relevant stipulation.

Documents to be Presented:

  1. Unless further specified, all copies of documents to be submitted should be presented with the original for authentication;
  2. If the original cannot be presented, the relevant copy should be certified.


Applications relating to the “Non-resident Worker’s Card” can be made by any one of the following persons or entities:

  1. Employer;
  2. Licensed employment agency appointed by the employer; (Remark 1.)
  3. “Non-resident worker”;
  4. Legal representative of persons listed in Points 1. and 3. (Remark 2.)

Application procedures and necessary documents

  1. When ① the employment relation is terminated, or ② the “employment authorization” granted to the employing entity is revoked by the competent authorities, or ③ the “non-resident worker” is granted “Residence Authorization”, the applicant should go to the Subdivision concerned immediately for cancellation of his/her “Non-resident Worker’s Card” and submit the following documents: (Remark 3.)
    1. Application letter issued by the employing entity requesting for cancellation of the “Non-resident Worker’s Card” and a copy of it; (Remark 4.) (Remark 5.)
    2. Copy of valid passport / travel document / P.R.C. Permit for travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macao (“Two-way Exit Permit” for short) (Remark 6.) or identification document used for entry to and departure from Macao;
    3. “Non-resident Worker’s Card” / preliminarily or initially approved application form for “Authorization to Stay for Non-resident Workers” / “Revenue Receipt”;
    4. “Slip of Authorization to Stay” (Non-resident Worker) (if any);
    5. Valid identity card of the employer and a copy of it. (Remark 7.)
  2. Application for cancellation of the reuniting kindred’s “Special Authorization to Stay”, if the non-resident worker has dependants attached to him/her in Macao. (Remark 8.)
  3. Upon completion of the procedure, the worker’s “Authorization to Stay for Non-resident Workers” and his/her reuniting kindred’s “Special Authorization to Stay” (if any) and will be cancelled instantaneously. Another “Authorization to Stay” which is valid for not less than 8 days will be granted (if necessary) for the purpose of making arrangements for departure from Macao.


  1. When the employer terminates the relation with the “non-resident worker”, or is notified of the revocation of the “employment authorization” by the administrative authorities (Remark 9.), he/she has the obligation to immediately inform the “non-resident worker” to go to the Subdivision concerned with his/her reuniting kindred in Macao (if any) as soon as possible to complete the relevant procedures of cancelling the “Authorization to Stay for Non-resident Workers” (including the “Non-resident Worker’s Card”) and the reuniting kindred’s “Special Authorization to Stay”.
  2. The Subdivision will cancel the “Authorization to Stay” of the “non-resident worker” and his/her reuniting kindred (if any) (Remark 10.) on the date it receives the notification letter of the above termination of employment relation or revocation of employment/work authorization. In this case, if the “non-resident worker” and his/her reuniting kindred (if any) continue to remain in Macao while they are not granted any other “Authorization to Stay”, they will be considered to be overstayers starting from the next day the original “Authorization to Stay” is cancelled.
  3. The “non-resident worker” will have to be bound by Terms 2 and 3 of Article 4 of Law No. 21/2009 which is amended by Law No. 4/2013 if the “Authorization to Stay for Non-resident Workers” is cancelled or invalidated.


  1. For details, please see the Labour Affairs Bureau’s website at
  2. The legal representative should submit a certified letter of authorization and a copy of his/her valid identification document (the original should be exhibited for authentication).
  3. If any of the documents listed in Points 1.2 to 1.5 cannot be submitted, the reasons should be clearly stated in the application letter for cancellation.
  4. ① The letter should contain the non-resident worker’s personal information and the reason for cancellation; ② if the cancellation application is filed by the employment agency, the letter should also contain the company stamp of the employing entity and the employment agency respectively, as well as the signature of the respective persons in charge; ③ If the “Non-resident Worker’s Card” is lost, the domestic helper does not have to submit the “Report Testimonial” issued by a police department. However, the reason for the loss should be stated in the application letter for cancellation and the signature of the domestic helper is required for confirmation.
  5. The template of the “application letter” is available at the Non-resident Workers Subdivision and the website of the Public Security Police Force.
  6. bio data page only and the inside page containing “Type D-Stay endorsement” for “Two-way Exit Permit” holders, while “Two-way Exit Permit” in card type holders shall submit the back copy containing “Type D-Stay endorsement”.
  7. if the cancellation is made by the employer of a domestic helper, if the he employer’s signature on the copy of his/her identification document is required if he/she is also a non-resident worker or a “Special Stay Permit” holder.
  8. For details, please see the Section of the Cancellation Procedure of the “Special Authorization to Stay” for Reuniting Kindred of Non-resident Workers.
  9. Even if an objection or appeal against the decision of the revocation is made.
  10. Even if the Authorization is not expiring.

Application location and office hours

Application Location: Immigration Building of the Public Security Police Force, Travessa Um do Cais de Pac On, Taipa, Macao

Non-resident Workers Subdivision of the Residence and Stay Affairs Department

Office Hours Mon to Thu 9:00 – 17:45
Fri 9:00 – 17:30
Closed on Sat, Sun and government holidays
Tags dispensed until 16:30 (for making applications)
17:15 (for collecting Non-resident Worker’s Identification Card, reissued password slip for Non-resident Worker’s Identification and document supplementation)

Application Location:  Rua Nova da Areia Preta No. 52

Zone K, 1/F,Centro de Serviços da RAEM
– Only the following services: 1. Renewal, reposition or cancellation of “Non-resident Worker’s Identification Card” for domestic helpers and skilled non-resident workers; 2. Reissue of password slip of Non-resident Worker’s Identification Card; 3. Collection of “Non-resident Worker’s Identification Card”.

Office Hours Mon to Fri 9:00 – 18:00
Closed on Sat, Sun and government holidays

Application Location: Rua de Coimbra, n.º 225, na Taipa

Zone C, 3/F,Centro de Serviços da RAEM das ilhas
– Only the following services: 1. Renewal, reposition or cancellation of “Non-resident Worker’s Identification Card” for domestic helpers and skilled non-resident workers; 2. Collection of “Non-resident Worker’s Identification Card”.

Office Hours Mon to Fri 9:00 – 18:00
Closed on Sat, Sun and government holidays


Free of charge.

Time Needed

Within the same day.

Remarks / Points to note

If the “non-resident worker” / reuniting kindred of the non-resident worker renews the passport / travel document / “Two-way Exit Permit” / identification document used for application for the “Authorization to Stay” in Macao, he or she is required to bring the renewed document to the Subdivision concerned for update of the document information and application for reissue of the “Slip of Authorization to Stay”.

Content provider: Public Security Police Force (CPSP)

Last modified: 2019-06-12 15:18

Public safety and migration Migration, residency

Is there anything wrong with this page?

Help us improve GOV.MO

* Mandatory field


All information on this site is based on the official language of the Macao Special Administrative Region. The English version is the translation from the Chinese originals and is provided for reference only. If you find that some of the contents do not have an English version, please refer to the Traditional Chinese or Portuguese versions.