How to Apply
Time of application
In possession of a letter issued by the “Liaison Office” or the “Office of the Commissioner” requesting for reissue of a Special Stay Permit for the applicant.
Application procedures and documents required
- People making the application
- Holders of a Special Stay Permit;
- Legal representative of the applicant (Remark: 1.)
- Documents Must be Presented
- Unless otherwise noted, the original should be exhibited for authentication if a copy is submitted;
- The copy should be authenticated if the original cannot be exhibited.
- Necessary Documents
- A completed application form for renewal / reissue ( DARP/SP-M10)
- Letter issued by the “Liaison Office” or the “Office of the Commissioner”
- Copy of the bio data page of the “Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macao for Business Purpose” (“Two-way Exit Permit for Business Purpose” for short) and the inside page affixed with the latest and valid endorsement;
- 2 recent colour photos of 1.5-inch, full face, no-hat, white-background;
- “Report Testimonial” or “Complaint Notification” issued by a police department (if the Special Stay Permit is lost, stolen, plundered, etc.);
- Statement of the employing organization declaring that they are still employing the applicant (Remark 2.);
- Declaration of the applicant stating that he or she is still employed by the organization;
- Special Stay Permit (Remark 3.).
- Upon completion of the formalities, a Revenue Receipt will be issued. The person making the application should bring the Revenue Receipt to the Subdivision on the designated date of collection specified on the Revenue Receipt or after he or she receives an SMS from the Subdivision (applicable only to persons who have chosen this notification service) to collect the Special Stay Permit.
- The legal representative is required to submit a certified letter of authorization and a copy of his/her valid identification document (the original should be exhibited for authentication).
- The statement should contain the personal information of the applicant, organization stamp and signature of the person in charge at the organization.
- In the case that the Permit is damaged.
Location of Application and Service Hours
Address: Immigration Building of the Public Security Police Force, Travessa Um do Cais de Pac On, Taipa, Macao
Stay Subdivision of the Residence and Stay Affairs Department
|Office Hours:||Mon to Thu,||9:00 – 17:45|
|Fri,||9:00 – 17:30|
|Closed on Sat, Sun and Macao government holidays|
|Tags dispensed until:||17:00 (for making applications)|
|17:15 (for collection of Permit or document supplementation)|
- With justifiable reason: MOP100 per Permit;
- Without justifiable reason: MOP200 per Permit.
- According to Written Instructions No. 192/2003 of the Chief Executive, staff of the official representations of the Central People’s Government of the People’s Republic of China is exempted from paying the fee for the Permit.
Processing Time (excluding time of waiting in a queue and postage time for documents sent by mail)
4 working days < performance pledge >
(It is timed from the next working day the service unit receives all the necessary documents and confirms nothing is missing.)
Remark / Requirements
- Date of issue and validity period of Special Stay Permit
- Date of Issue: Same as the date of approval by the examination authorities;
- Validity Period:
- It is based on the working period stated in the official letter of the “Liaison Office” or the “Office of the Commissioner” requesting for the issue of a Special Stay Permit, and it should not be more than 3 years;
- Besides the above restriction, the validity period of the Special Stay Permit issued to the staff of the public enterprises and public capital enterprises of the People’s Republic of China (or their dependants) is also restricted by the validity period of the applicant’s endorsement.
- According to the laws and regulations of Macao, holders of a “Two-way Exit Permit for Business Purpose” and a working endorsement to Macao (or stationing endorsement to Macao) are allowed to stay in Macao within the validity period of the endorsement. However, the limit of stay per entry is a maximum of 90 days. If the limit of stay (90 days) granted to the interested person upon his or her last entry to Macao is expiring during his or her application for a Special Stay Permit, the interested person may apply to the Residence and Stay Affairs Department of the Public Security Police Force for extension of the Authorization to Stay. Otherwise, overstay may be resulted.
- Non-resident workers / their dependants / Special Stay Permit holders who have their passport / travel document / “Two-way Exit Permit” / identification document which was used to apply for the relevant Authorization to Stay replaced are required to bring the document to the Subdivision concerned for information update and reissue of Slip of Authorization to Stay.
Content provider: Public Security Police Force (CPSP)
Last modified: 2021-03-29 12:16