How to Apply
Time of application
In the case that (1) the employment relation is terminated, (2) the employee is accredited to a country or region outside Macao, or (3) the Special Stay Permit holder is granted Residence Authorization, the person making the application should immediately approach the Subdivision concerned for cancellation of the Permit.
Application procedures and documents required
- People making the application
- Holders of a Special Stay Permit;
- The organization employing the holders of a Special Stay Permit;
- Legal representative of the holders of a Special Stay Permit (Remark 1.).
- Documents Must be Presented
- Unless otherwise noted, the original should be exhibited for authentication if a copy is submitted;
- The copy should be authenticated if the original cannot be exhibited.
- Necessary Documents
- Letter of cancellation issued by (1) the “Liaison Office” or the “Office of the Commissioner”, (2) the Chinese enterprise organization employing the Special Stay Permit holder, or (3) the Special Stay Permit holder and a copy of the letter (Remark 2.);
- Special Stay Permit;
- “Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macao for Business Purpose” (“Two-way Exit Permit for Business Purpose” for short) and a copy of it (Remark 3.).
- Upon completion of the formalities, the original Authorization to Stay of the Permit holder will immediately be cancelled. The holder will then be granted Authorization to Stay (if necessary) for not more than 8 days for making departure arrangements (Remark 4.).
- The legal representative should submit: 1. A certified letter of authorization; 2. A copy of his/her valid identification document (the original should be exhibited for authentication);
- The letter should contain the personal information of the Permit holder and the reason for cancellation. If the document(s) listed in Point 3.2 and / or 3.3 cannot be submitted, the reason should be clearly stated in the letter of cancellation;
- Bio data page and the inside page affixed with the latest and valid endorsement only;
- The original Authorization to Stay will be annulled on the day the Subdivision receives the notification of cancellation (even though the Authorization is not expiring yet). In this condition, if the Permit holder remains in Macao without another Authorization to Stay, he or she will be regarded as overstaying in Macao starting from the date the original Authorization to Stay is annulled.
Location of Application and Service Hours
Address: Immigration Building of the Public Security Police Force, Travessa Um do Cais de Pac On, Taipa, Macao
Stay Subdivision of the Residence and Stay Affairs Department
|Office Hours:||Mon to Thu,||9:00 – 17:45|
|Fri,||9:00 – 17:30|
|Closed on Sat, Sun and Macao government holidays|
|Tags dispensed until:||17:00 (for making applications)|
|17:15 (for collection of Permit or document supplementation)|
Free of charge
Processing Time (excluding time of waiting in a queue and postage time for documents sent by mail)
Within the same date
(Starting from the moment the service unit receives all the necessary documents and confirms nothing is missing.)
Remark / Requirements
Non-resident workers / their dependants / Special Stay Permit holders who have their passport / travel document / “Two-way Exit Permit” / identification document which was used to apply for the relevant Authorization to Stay replaced are required to bring the document to the Subdivision concerned for information update and reissue of Slip of Authorization to Stay.
Content provider: Public Security Police Force (CPSP)
Last modified: 2021-03-29 12:16