How to Apply
Time of application
Application procedures and documents required
The applicant should submit the following to the Medical Activity Licensing Unit:
- An application form to suspend or cancel the licence;
- A copy of the applicant’s Macao SAR Resident Identity Card;
- The original of the licence;
- For the below conditions:
- If the licence is lost, a copy of declaration of loss of licence issued by competent authority should be submitted together;
- If the licence holder has deceased, a copy of the death certificate should be submitted together.
Location of Application and Service Hours
Location of application: Medical Activity Licensing Unit of the Health Bureau
Address: 2/F, Block 1 of Edifício Cheng I at Rua Nova da Ilha Verde, Macau (Ilha Verde Health Centre)
Mondays to Thursdays: 9:00am-1:00pm, 2:30pm-5:45pm
Fridays: 9:00am-1:00pm, 2:30pm-5:30pm
(Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays)
Application Processing Time
The applicant will be notified in writing within 21 working days (not including the time for posting or collection). (Performance Pledge)
Remarks/Notes for Application
- The period of suspension should not exceed two years;
- The applicant must remove the signboard of the medical premise (if applicable);
- For cancellation of licence, applicant should return the health records to patients or transfer them to the Medical Activity Licensing Unit within 60 days after the day of receiving the notification letter of cancellation of licence; specific details can be referred to the “Important notes for management of health records upon termination of practice”. If the applicant practises in a health institution, relevant health records shall be managed and kept by the institution, the applicant is only required to submit the completed “Declaration of Management and Retention of Health Records by Health Institution” to the Medical Activity Licensing Unit according to the above stipulated period.
Application Status Enquiry and Result Collection
Application status enquiry: Not available online.
Collection of application result: By post.