How to Apply
Time of application
Application procedures and documents required
The applicant should submit the following to the Medical Activity Licensing Unit:
- An application form to suspend or cancel the permit;
- A copy of the applicant’s identity document;
- The original of the permit;
- For the below conditions:
- If the permit is lost, a copy of declaration of loss of permit issued by competent authority should be submitted together;
- If the permit holder has deceased, a copy of the death certificate should be submitted together.
Location of Application and Service Hours
Location of service: Medical Activity Licensing Unit of the Health Bureau
Address: 2/F, Block 1 of Edifício Cheng I at Rua Nova da Ilha Verde, Macau (Ilha Verde Health Centre)
Mondays to Thursdays: 9:00am-1:00pm, 2:30pm-5:45pm
Fridays: 9:00am-1:00pm, 2:30pm-5:30pm
(Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays)
Application Processing Time
The applicant will be notified in writing within 21 working days (not including the time for posting or collection). (Performance Pledge)
Remarks/Notes for Application
- The period of suspension should not exceed two years;
- The applicant must remove the signboard of the medical premise (if applicable);
- For cancellation of permit, applicant should return the health records to patients or transfer them to the Medical Activity Licensing Unit within 60 days after the day of receiving the notification letter of cancellation of permit; specific details can be referred to the “Important notes for management of health records upon termination of practice”.
Application Status Enquiry and Result Collection
Application result enquiry: Not available online.
Collection of application result: By post.