How to Apply
Time of application: In accordance with Paragraph 3 of Article 63 of Decree-Law no. 58/90/M dated 19th September, a pharmacy ‘shall inform the Health Bureau about its closure and closing period at least 15 days in advance, except where the closure is caused by unforeseen circumstances’.
Application procedures and documents required:
- The Completed FA-8 Application Form for Temporary / Permanent ‘Pharmacy’ Closure;
- Documents justifying the reason for temporary closure;
- List of remaining medicines and their handling method (Note);
- Original of the licence and of the registration form of the pharmacy;
- For pharmacies holding the authorisation for trade of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances, it is required to provide the list of remaining medicines, their handling method and supporting documents (such as return invoice or proof of delivery to the Pharmaceutical Affairs Department of the Health Bureau for disposal). Other documents and supplemental information shall also be submitted when necessary.
Note: The relevant documents shall be signed by the pharmacy owner, or an executive management member legitimately representing the company when the owner is a legal person.
Location of Application and Service Hours
Location of application: Pharmaceutical Affairs Department, Health Bureau
Address:Avenida Sidónio Pais, n.º 51, Edif. “China Plaza”, 1.º andar, Macau (Receipt and Dispatch Unit)
Mondays to Thursdays: 09:00-13:00; 14:30-17:45
Fridays: 09:00-13:00; 14:30-17:30
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
Application Processing Time
The Health Bureau will finish the review and approval process within 90 days upon receipt of all the documents required.
Application Status Enquiry and Result Collection
Application status enquiry: Not available online
Means of result collection:In person