How to Apply
Time of application: According to Article 64 of Decree-Law no. 58/90/M dated 19th September, ‘the owner who intends to close their pharmacy permanently shall apply to the Health Bureau for cancellation of the relevant licence at least 90 days in advance.’
Application procedures and documents required:
- The completed FA-8 Application Form for Temporary / Permanent ‘Pharmacy’ Closure;
- Declaration of Business Closure issued by the owner (with the signature verified by the notary department) (Note 1);
- List of remaining medicines and their handling method (Note 2);
- Original of the licence and of the registration form of the pharmacy;
- For pharmacies holding the authorisation for trade of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances, it is required to provide at the same time the list of remaining medicines, their handling method and the supporting documents (such as return invoice or proof of delivery to the Pharmaceutical Affairs Department of the Health Bureau for disposal) (Note 3).
- The document shall be signed by an executive management member legitimately representing the pharmacy owner when the owner is a legal person;
- The document shall be signed by the pharmacy owner, or an executive management member legitimately representing the owner when the owner is a legal person;
- For pharmacies holding the authorisation for trade of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances, the Health Bureau will nullify the authorisation at the same time, based on Sub-paragraph b of Paragraph 1 of Article 14 under Decree-Law no. 34/99/M dated 19th July.
Location of Application and Service Hours
Location of application: Pharmaceutical Affairs Department, Health Bureau
Address:Avenida Sidónio Pais, n.º 51, Edif. “China Plaza”, 1.º andar, Macau (Receipt and Dispatch Unit)
Mondays to Thursdays: 09:00-13:00; 14:30-17:45
Fridays: 09:00-13:00; 14:30-17:30
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
Application Processing Time
The Health Bureau will finish the review and approval process within 90 days upon receipt of all the documents required.
Application Status Enquiry and Result Collection
Application status enquiry:Not available online
Means of result collection:In person