How to Apply
Time of application: Advance application to the Health Bureau is required for medicine store relocation.
Application procedures and documents required:
- A duly completed DR-3 ‘Medicine Store’ Relocation Application Form ;
- Supporting document for the cause of the relocation;
- The original building utilization permit issued by the Land, Public Works and Transport Bureau (DSSOPT) or the original Property Registration Report issued by the Real Estate Registry (Premises registered with the Real Estate Registry are exempted from submitting this document, Note 1);
- The design plan of the medicine store, which should at least include the following compartments, furniture and equipment (Notes 2 and 3):
- Medication dispensing room or reception room;
- Medicine storage;
- Furniture and equipment:
- Glass cabinets for storing medicines in the medication dispensing room;
- Reception desk;
- Cabinets for storing other products;
- Refrigerator for storing medicines that require cold storage;
- Air ventilation and air-conditioning systems (which must be installed in the medication dispensing room or reception room, and the medicine storage).
- Statement of the opening hours of the medicine store and the technical supervisor(s)’ working hours after its relocation (Notes 4-5), with the following information included at the minimum:
- Medicine store opening hours from Monday to Sunday and on public holidays;
- Working hours of the technical supervisor(s) from Monday to Sunday and on public holidays (Notes 6).
- Certified true copy of the identification documents of other staff working after the relocation (or present the original ID for verification and certification by the Pharmaceutical Affairs Department of the Health Bureau);
- Photocopy of the Business Tax Declaration Form (M/1 format) obtained from the Financial Services Bureau (Note 7).
- The usage of the premise should be indicated as ‘commercial’;
- The design plan of the premise shall be signed by the applicant, or an executive management member legitimately representing the applicant when the applicant is a legal person;
- Please refer to the requirements for plan specifications and premise establishment indicated in ‘Pharmaceutical Businesses – Procedures of Licensing Application and Alteration Works Plan Submission, and Technical Guidelines’;
- DR-5 Application for Change of ‘Medicine Store’ Technical Supervisor shall also be submitted if there is any change in the supervisor(s).
- Statement of the opening hours of the medicine store and the technical supervisor(s)’ working hours shall be jointly signed by the applicant (or an executive management member legitimately representing the company when the applicant is a legal person) and the technical supervisor(s);
- Law No. 7/2008 – Labour Relations Law must be followed;
- Can be submitted before the issuance of the licence.
Location of Application and Service Hours
Location of application: Pharmaceutical Affairs Department, Health Bureau
Address: Avenida Sidónio Pais, n.º 51, Edif. “China Plaza”, 1.º andar, Macau (Receipt and Dispatch Unit)
Mondays to Thursdays: 09:00-13:00; 14:30-17:45
Fridays: 09:00-13:00; 14:30-17:30
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
MOP 300 (Note)
(Subject to 10% stamp duty; full amount payable upon submission of the application.)
Note:‘The fees paid will not be returned if the application is rejected or filed,’ according to Paragraph 5 of Article 21 of Decree-Law No. 58/90/M dated 19 September.
Application Processing Time
The Health Bureau will finish the review and approval process within 90 days upon receipt of all the documents required, and will issue an authorisation for premise establishment in the case of approval. The time needed for licence issuance depends on the progress of premise establishment and the processes of statutory inspection.
Remarks/Notes for Application
A medicine store may be relocated to another location under the circumstances listed below, according to the provisions in Paragraph 1 of Article 44 and Paragraph 4 of Article 69 under Decree-Law No. 58/90/M dated 19th September:
- The building housing the medicine store is demolished or acquired;
- The facilities of the medicine store or the building in which the medicine store is partially located become dilapidated and unable to provide suitable conditions for its operation.
Relevant Specifications or Requirements
Application Status Enquiry and Result Collection
Application status enquiry: Not available online
Means of result collection: In person